NCERT Class 4 EVS Chapter 5: Complete Resource for Anita and The Honeybees
Vedantu's NCERT Solutions for Class 4 EVS Chapter 5 are a treasure trove of invaluable resources for students. With an extensive collection of worksheets, questions, and solutions, Vedantu ensures that the quality of study materials remains a top priority. These comprehensive materials empower students to improve their scores and develop a crystal-clear understanding of the subject. The innovative and engaging methods used to present concepts are proven to ignite enthusiasm in children, making learning a delightful experience. NCERT Solutions introduces students to new dimensions of education, fostering a deeper appreciation for the subject matter. Access the Free PDF of NCERT Solutions for Class 4 EVS Chapter 5 exclusively on Vedantu and embark on an exciting journey of learning.
Access NCERT Solutions for Science Chapter 5 – Anita and the Honeybees
1. Find out how much money you spend in one year on various school-related things.
2. Travel to school and back
6. School Bag
7. Lunch box
Travel to school and back
2. How much money did you spend on your books this year?
Ans: I spent 2,000 rupees on my books this year.
3. What kind of school uniform would you like to wear? Draw a picture of it in your notebook and color it.
Ans: I would like to wear a shirt, skirt and tie as a uniform. Picture of it:
4. Make two groups in the class. Debate the topic – ‘We should have uniforms in school.’
Ans: My thoughts on the controversy over whether school uniforms should be required or not– uniforms, in my opinion, pulls people together. It's also cost-effective. We don't need to spend unnecessary money to buy many clothes for school.
Because we all wear the same kind of uniform in school, students don't tease one another about their dressing, and uniforms bring equality among people. As a result, I believe that uniforms should be required at school.
5. Do you know someone who wanted to study, but could not do so? Talk about them in class.
Ans: Yes, a maid used to clean my house; her kid wanted to go to school but couldn't since his mother had cancer, so he had to work to make ends meet.
6. Every child has a right to free education up to Class VIII. Do you think that all children are able to study up to Class VIII? Discuss.
Ans: Despite the fact that the government provides free education up to class VIII, many children are unable to complete this level of education because many parents do not see the significance of education and do not take their children to school. Girls, in particular, are unable to study up to class VIII since many Indian parents believe that girls do not need to learn in order to become independent.
7. Have you seen any insects near flowers? Find out their names and write.
Ans: Yes, I have seen a honeybee near a flower.
8. Draw and color their pictures in the notebook.
9. Why do you think they come to the flowers? Find out.
Ans: Honeybees visit flowers to collect nectar (a liquid) from the flower's center in order to make honey.
10. When honey bees fly, there is a kind of sound. Can you try to copy this sound?
Ans: Honeybees make a buzzing sound when they are flying.
11. What do people in your area put on the part of the body where the bee has stung?
Ans: Because bee stings include acid, they apply baking soda to the area where the bee has stung.
12. Draw a picture of a honey bee in your notebook. Color it and give it a name.
Ans: A picture of the honeybee is shown below:
It's called Buzzy because when it flies, it creates a buzzing sound.
13. The litchi trees come to flower in February. I put all my four boxes near the litchi orchards. I got 12 kilograms of honey from each box. I sold this honey in the market. This was my first earning from my bees. Now I have 20 boxes. What will be the total cost of Anita’s 20 boxes?.
Anita and others in her village are known to receive Rs. 35 for 1kg of honey.
Each box has 12 kg of honey, and she has 20 of them. (given in ) Since 1kg of honey costs Rs. 35, As a result, the price of 12kg of honey is 35 x 12=420.
Since 1 package is worth Rs. 420,
As a result, earning from 20 boxes is 420 x 20= 8400/-.
14. Anita and others in her village get Rs.35 for one kilogram of honey. How much does one kilogram of honey cost in your town?
Ans: : In my town, 1kg of honey costs 360 rupees.
15. What are the different colors of honey that you have seen?
Ans: I've seen honey in yellow and brown hues.
16. Is honey used in your house? What is it used for?
Ans: Honey is indeed used in my home. It's used in cold drinks as well as my mother's burfi.
17. Which are some other insects that live together in a group, like honeybees?
Ans: Ants, like honeybees, live in colonies.
18. Ants live and work together like honeybees. The Queen Ant lays the eggs, the Soldier Ants look after and guard the ants’ nest, and Worker Ants are always busy looking for food and bringing it to the nest. Termites and wasps also live like this. Have you seen where ants live?
Ans: Ants live in nests consisting of pebbles, soil particles, and other materials that are either underground or above ground.
19. What kind of eatables attract ants? List them
Ans: Sugar, small tortilla pieces, dead insects etc. eatables attract ants.
20. Look at a line of ants. What is its color?
Ans: Its color is red and brown.
21. Have you been bitten by an ant? What was the ant-like – black or red, big or small?
Ans: Yes, I have been bitten by an ant. The ant was red and small.
22. Do ants ever come near you? When?
Ans: Yes, ants approach me when I consume sweets and a piece of it falls to the ground around me.
23. Look carefully at some big and small ants. How many legs does an ant have?
Big ant ________
Small ant _______
Ans: Big and small both ants have 6-legs.
24. Draw an ant in your notebook and color it.
25. While eating peanuts you probably throw away the shells. Why don’t you try to make some insects by using the shells? Do not forget to color them.
Ans: Insects made by using shells:
NCERT Solutions of Class 4 EVS Chapter 5 - Free PDF Download
NCERT Solutions Class 4 EVS Anita and The Honeybees are now available for all students out there. You can download them from the link provided below and enjoy the benefits of free study materials. The need for high priced books and reference materials are eliminated when these amazing and free NCERT Solutions for Chapter 5 EVS is available. The PDF consists of all the solutions to NCERT textbook questions along with other fun activities. The striking organization of the materials is sure to impress all students. All the concepts are explained clearly with a link to real-life situations. This helps students to understand the subject from all views.
NCERT Solution Class 4 EVS
Chapter 5 - Anita and The Honeybees
Chapter 5 EVS introduces the children to topics like the importance of education, the right to education, the importance of honey bees for the environment, etc. It shows the real-life story of a girl named Anita and her fight for education along with beekeeping and other works. NCERT Solutions for Class 4 Chapter 5 provides all the needed knowledge for students. It maintains its simplicity along with accurate answers. This helps students understand the concept fast and answer questions to the point during the examinations. By revising NCERT Solutions, students get an overview of the meaning of the chapter within a few minutes and can then go through it thoroughly.
NCERT Solution Class 4 EVS Chapter-Wise Marks Weightage
Class 4 EVS Chapter 5 contains contents like the importance of education and the fight for it along with the concepts of beekeeping and its significance. Students are provided with all the information regarding the marks distribution and important topics for examination from this chapter. Long answers, short answers, conceptual questions, etc. are some of the different kinds of questions seen repeatedly which are beautifully portrayed in NCERT Solutions. Students may face questions that involve real-life applications. Students who go through NCERT Solutions are sure to get hold of all types of questions and the style of presenting answers.
Why are CBSE Class 4 EVS Chapter 5 Solutions Important?
Class 4 Chapter 5 Solution makes the lives of students easier by providing high-quality study materials for free. NCERT Solutions for Class 4 Chapter 5 lists out all the important aspects of this chapter in the material.
Students benefit a lot from NCERT Solutions which improves their presentation skills and accuracy.
Colorful pages of NCERT Solutions enhance the creativity of students in their studies.
Students can grasp concepts faster through the simple form of explanations provided.
Fun exercises like coloring, imagining, observations, etc. are seen throughout the study material.
Students can use these materials for their examination preparations and last-minute revisions.
Vedantu's Books Class 4 Notes for CBSE English Poem Chapter 8 offer a valuable resource for young learners, providing an enriching educational experience. The availability of a free PDF download makes these notes accessible to all, ensuring no child is deprived of quality learning materials. Vedantu's commitment to educational excellence is evident through their well-structured and comprehensive notes, designed to aid students in understanding and appreciating the poem. By using these notes, students can enhance their language skills, develop a deeper understanding of literature, and improve their overall academic performance. Embracing technology and innovation, Vedantu continues to empower the next generation with knowledge and confidence.
FAQs on NCERT Solutions for Class 4 EVS Chapter 5 - Anita And The Honeybees
1. Explain the Importance of Honeybees in the Environment and for Humans.
Honeybees are very important to the environment as they help in a wide variety of aspects. We may think that honey bees are dangerous as they sting us, but the benefits are innumerable. Honeybees help in producing honey from the nectar of flowers. Honey is a product we all use and has a high demand in the market. Honeybees also help in the pollination of plants by transferring pollen grains from plant to plant.
Beeswax is another commercially marketed product produced by honeybees.
2. Write Down the Qualities of an Ideal School.
An ideal school will have a good infrastructure and a good atmosphere. It will have tables and chairs for students and teachers and comfortable classrooms to study. It will have a white or blackboard for the teachers to write down the lessons. To play, a big ground also will be there in a school for the students. There will also be a canteen for eating food. Students will have uniforms that are comfortable as well as showing the identity of the school.
3. Why could Anita not go to school, according to Chapter 5 of Class 4 EVS?
Anita Khushwaha, from a young age, was put into work. She used to spend all her time grazing goats for their food. One day she peeked into a village school and sat down behind children to attend a class. She was so happy attending the class that she also wanted to go to the village school. When she talked about going to school with her parents, they told her she could not do so because education was not for girls.
4. How did Anita continue her studies, according to Chapter 5 of Class 4 EVS?
Anita was able to study till class VI. After which, her parents told her that she could not continue her studies anymore. From class VI onwards, she will have to spend more time, and from class VIII onwards, she will have to pay for her education. But Anita wanted to continue her studies no matter what. She decided to teach younger children, and the money that she earned was used for her education. This way, she continued her studies.
5. What is RTE Act 2009, according to Chapter 5 of Class 4 EVS?
RTE Act 2009 is the Right to Education which makes the right to education a fundamental right. According to this act, children between the ages of six and 14 can get free and compulsory education. So, education till class VIII is free for all children. It is every child’s fundamental right. This act tries to provide education to all and improve the literacy rate of the country.
6. When do the bees lay their eggs, according to Chapter 5 of Class 4 EVS?
The bees lay their eggs between October and December. Each beehive has a queen bee that lays the eggs. There are very few male bees that are present in the beehive. The worker bees build the hive, work to collect nectar from nearby flowers to make honey, and look after the babies. If you are searching for comprehensive answers from this Chapter, you should use NCERT Solutions for Chapter 5 of Class 4 EVS available free of cost on the Vedantu website and the Vedantu app.
7. Why are worker bees so important, according to Chapter 5 of Class 4 EVS?
Worker bees are essential in the process of the production of honey. It is they who work together to build the beehive. They also take care of the eggs that are laid by the queen bee. The babies are also looked after by them only. These worker bees collect nectar from the flowers around them. When they find nectar, they do a special dance to signal other bees. The worker bees then use this nectar to produce honey.