Biological classification is a scientific process that illustrates the arrangement of living organisms in accordance with their shared characteristics. It is also referred to as Taxonomy.
Every living being on the planet is divided into five kingdoms. They are- Monera, Protista, Fungi, Plantae and Animalia. Furthermore, each kingdom has several sub-divisions.
In the next segment, some biological classification MCQ is given that appear in examinations frequently. Take a look!
MCQ Questions on Biological Classification
The Regular practise of biological classification questions and answers let the NEET aspirants qualify the examination. Following are few important MCQs.
1. In Five-Kingdom Division, Chlorella and Chlamydomonas Fall Under
2. Which Group Hold Maximum Nutritional Diversity?
3. Nuclear Membrane Is Absent In?
4. The Basis of Biological Classification Depends On
Structure of cell wall
Structure of Nucleus
5. Name the Classification, Based on the Genetic and Evolutionary Relationship
6. What is The Purpose of Taxonomy?
Explain the origin of life
Identification of unknown species
To search the history of evolution
Identify medicinal plants.
7. Which Taxonomy Category Exists?
8. The Purpose of a Botanical Garden is to
Preserves tropical plants
Ex-situ conservation of germplasm
To preserve wildlife
Giving a place for recreation
9. In Which form Fungi Stores Food Material?
Oil and glycogen
10. A common Characteristic of Archaebacteria
Structure of cell membrane
Structure of cell wall
Has fatty acid synthetase
Structure of flagellin protein
11. Another Name of Cyanobacteria
12. Paramecium is
13. Name of Agaricus’s Fruiting Body
14. Phycology is the Study of
15. Viral Envelope Consists of
All one the above
16. Heterocyst in Nostoc Participates in
17. Whittaker’s Definition of Classification Does Not Include
18. Classification is Not Based On
19. Which is Not A Bacterial Disease?
20. Which of The Following Features Mycoplasma Does Not Have?
Lacks cell wall
All are correct
Cannot live without oxygen
21. Which Is Incorrect for Protista?
Missing membrane-bound organelles
Links with several organisms
This kingdom’s boundary is not clear
Some have cilia or flagella
22. Diatoms Do Not Have
Indestructible cell walls
Cell walls are like a soapbox
Two thick overlapping cells
Release cell wall deposits
23. Azolla Boosts Soil Fertility of
24. Fungal Cell Walls Have
25. Genetic Recombination Can Happen in Prokaryotes During
All of these
26. Spirochaetes Are
A class of viruses
A class of insects
27. Diatoms Do Not Decay Quickly Because
They are Chitinous
It has siliceous walls
Diatoms contain saline soil
Their body is impervious to water
28. What are Plant Decomposers?
Monera and fungi
Plantae and fungi
Monera and Animalia
Animalia and Protista
29. Among Mushroom, Smut and Rust, Two of them are
30. What Causes Red Tide?
All of these
31. Which One Is Sexual Spore?
32. Which Is Not A Part of The Sexual Cycle of Fungi?
33. Which One Does Not Belong to Deuteromycetis?
34. Which Statement is False for Capsid?
It consists of capsomeres
This the outermost layer of most viruses
They are arranged in random geometrical structure
It protects genetic material
35. The largest Herbarium Is Situated At
DIY 1: Make two MCQ on biological classification and ask your friends to answers them. Tell him/her to do the same. Group study helps!
DIY 2: Create a table and find out the difference between systematic and Taxonomy. Also, solve other biological classification MCQ online.
In our website, you will find several other course materials on biological classification mock test for NEET. You will also find an exclusive range of study materials on Biology as a subject, which you can discuss live through our online classes. Install Vedantu’s app now.
1. Who is called the Father of Biological classification?
Carolus Linnaeus is called the Father of Biological classification.
2. What were the first two kingdoms of biology?
Animalia and Plantae were the first two kingdoms of biology.
3. What are the essential topics in Biology for NEET?
If you want to score at least 80+ in NEET biology, you should not skip a single chapter. Some of the important topics are evolution, ecology, genetics, plant physiology and human physiology. Also, do not forget to solve biological classification MCQ for NEET online.