General Knowledge is important for enhancing our sense of perceiving the world, for better understanding and, analysis of the situation cannot be possible without proper knowledge. These GK questions will help the Class 12 students not only in updating their knowledge but also in the future as well when they will be going to take admissions in colleges. These GK questions will help the students in cracking entrance tests in colleges and universities.
Our experts have compiled a list of all the important general knowledge questions for Class 12 students. These questions will help the students to know and understand about all the important historical as well as current affairs of the world. While solving these questions, the students will be more curious to know about these topics and this will help them to widen their scope of knowledge. Below is the list of some of the most important GK questions for Class 12.
General Knowledge Questions for Class 12 Students
1. Who first proposed the atomic theory of matter?
Answer: John Dalton
2. Which reaction is mainly responsible for the cause of energy radiation from the sun?
Answer: Fusion Reaction
3. The Ramon Magsaysay Award is given in memory of the former president of which country?
4. Which field did Amartya Sen win the Nobel Prize in the year 1998?
Answer: Economics (Welfare Economics)
5. The book titled “1283” illustrates the career of which Football legend?
6. The Rohingyas are a minority of which state?
7. What does ”Global Dimming” mean?
Answer: Gradual reduction in the amount of global direct irradiance at the Earth’s Surface.
8. Which viceroy of India withdrew the Doctrine of Lapse?
Answer: Lord Canning
9. Set A has 3 elements and set B has 4 elements. Then the amount of injective functions that will be defined from set A to line B is
10. Who led the revolt of 1857 from Gwalior?
Answer: Tantia Tope
11. Who is the writer of the Bengali play Neel Darpan?
Answer: Dinabandhu Mitra
12. Harauti Language is spoken in which Indian State?
13. The Heredity Unit gene is made up of?
14. The scientist who is considered as the father of genetics?
Answer: Gregor Johann Mendel
15. P and Q together have 3 times what Q and R have, while P, Q and R together have thirty rupees more than P. If Q has 5 times what R has then what amount does P have?
16. Where is the Volcano “Mount Elgon” located?
Answer: Border of Uganda and Kenya
17. During which session of the Muslim League was the demand of Pakistan put forward?
Answer: Lahore session
18. Which civilization is considered as the oldest civilization of the world?
Answer: Mesopotamian Civilization
19. Who is known as the father of Modern Medicine?
20. Who was the first to sail around the world?
Answer: Ferdinand Magellan
21. Which newspaper was the first newspaper of the British Government?
Answer: Bengal Gazette
22. Who was captured during the Chittagong Armory case?
Answer: Surya Sen
23. Lavani is a dance form of which state?
24. Who was the founder of the Pallava Dynasty?
Answer: Simha Vishnu
25. Who has written the famous handbook ‘Arthashastra’?
26. Who built the Vijay Stambha Tower of victory in Chittorgarh?
Answer: Rana Kumbha
27. Which committee recommended for the constitutional position to be provided to the Panchayati Raj?
Answer: LM Singhvi Committee
28. Who was appointed as the constitutional Advisor of the Constituent Assembly?
Answer: BN Rau
29. Which Command is the first and the only Tri-service theatre command of the Indian Armed Forces based in Port Blair?
Answer: Andaman and Nicobar Command
30. Who was the First women Air Marshal of the Indian Air Force?
Answer: Marshal Padmavathy Bandopadhyay
31. What is the Russian Name for INS Vikramaditya?
Answer: Admiral Groshkov
32. Which sport is associated with the Ryder Cup?
Answer: Men’s Golf
33. Who has written the Man Booker Prize winner book White Tiger?
Answer: Aravind Adiga
34. Which former United States first lady has written ‘Becoming’?
Answer: Michelle Obama
35. Which day is celebrated as International Labour Day?
Answer: May 1
Here we have provided a list of important questions for Class 12 GK questions with answers for students to upskill their general knowledge. The General Knowledge Questions provided by our experts will surely help the students to improve their general knowledge about the topics from all around the world and from all varied fields. Practising these GK questions will improve the base of vital fundamental knowledge of an individual and will boost their confidence as well. We hope that you have practised these Class 12 GK questions with answers and will surely help you in updating your knowledge.