NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 9 Some Applications of Trigonometry
1. How downloading “NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 9 Some Applications of Trigonometry" PDF from Vedantu can help you to score better grades in exams?
Vedantu executed well-designed and reviewed applications of trigonometry class 10 ncert solutions which include the latest guidelines as recommended by CBSE board. The solutions are easily accessible from the Vedantiu online learning portal. It can be easily navigated as Vedantu retains a user-friendly network. The detailed solution of all the questions asked in the NCERT book will help you to understand the basic concepts of some applications of trigonometry class 10 thoroughly. Along with the NCERT solutions, the experts of Vedantu also provide various tips and techniques to solve the questions in the exam. Sign in to Vedantu and get access to the ncert solutions for class 10 maths chapter 9 some applications of trigonometry -Free pdf and you can download the updated solution of all the exercises given in the chapter.
2. What is the importance of trigonometry applications in real-life?
The application of trigonometry may not be directly used in solving practical issues but used in distinct fields. For example, trigonometry is used in developing computer music as you must be aware of the fact that sound travels in the form of waves and this wave pattern using sine and cosine functions helps to develop computer music. The following are some of the applications where the concepts of trigonometry and its functions are applicable.
It is used to measure the height and distance of a building or a mountain
It is used in the Aviation sector
It is used in criminology
It is used in Navigation
It is used in creating maps
It is used in satellite systems
The basic trigonometric functions such as sine and cosine are used to determine the sound and light waves.
It is used in oceanography to formulate the height of waves and tides in the ocean.
3. The distance from where the building can be viewed is 90ft from its base and the angle of elevation to the top of the building is 35°. Calculate the height of the building.
Given: Distance from where the building can be viewed is 90ft from its base and angle of elevation to the top of the building is stated as 35°
To calculate the height of the building, we will use the following trigonometry formula
Tan 35° = Opposite Side/ Adjacent Side
Tan 35° = H/90
H = 90 x Tan 35°
H = 90 x 0.7002
H= 63.018 feet
Hence, the height of the building is 63.018 feet.
4. From a 60 meter high tower, the angle of depression of the top and bottom of a house are ‘a and b’ respectively. Calculate the value of x, if the height of the house is [60 sin (β − α)]/ x.
H = d tan β and H- h = d tan α
60/60-h = tan β – tan α
h = [60 tan α – 60 tan β] / [tan β]
h= [60 sin (β – α)/ [(cos α cos β)] [(sin α sin β)]
x = cos α cos β
5. The top of the two different towers of height x and y, standing on the ground level subtended angle of 30° and 60° respectively at the center of the line joining their feet. Calculate x: y.
x/a = Tan 30°
x/a = 1/3
x = a/3
y/a = Tan 60°
y/a = 3 → y = a x 3
x/a ÷ y/a = a/3÷ a3
x/a × y/a = a/3 × 1/a×3
x/y = 1/3