JEE Advanced Application Form 2019 - Important Dates, Fees, Eligibility Criteria
The second phase of JEE which is conducted by IITs so that students get admissions for their undergraduate courses is known as JEE Advanced.
A total of around 11,000 seats are proffered by 23 IITs as well as ISM. Prestigious institutes such as Indian Institute of Science, Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology and others grant admittances based on the marks scored in this exam. The Joint Administration Board of IIT recently announced that the JEE Advanced application form 2019 would be available online from this year onwards.
JEE Advanced Application Form 2019:
The JEE Advanced 2019 application form will be available from 3rd May onwards. All applicants can submit their applications via the online mode at the official website – Jeeadv.ac.in. The exam shall be conducted in an entirely computer-based mode.
• The dates for JEE Advanced 2019 and the last phase of the General Elections were coinciding previously. However, the date has been shifted to 27th May this year which is on a Monday.
• IIT Roorkee has announced that a total of 2,45,000 candidates shall be qualified for appearing in this examination owing to the addition of the EWS Quota.
• Foreign candidates will not be required to sit for the JEE Main and can register directly for this Advanced Exam submitting the JEE Advanced application form 2019.
JEE Advanced Application Form 2019 – Important Dates
The JEE Advanced 2019 important dates are as follows –
1. Availability of the JEE Advanced application form for 2019 is on May 3rd, 2019.
2. The last date for filling up the application form is on May 9th, 2019.
3. Students must pay their registration fee for JEE Advanced by May 10th, 2019.
4. Admit card shall be released by the second week of May.
5. The exam shall be held in India and abroad in 2 shifts; Paper I from 9:00 to 12:00 IST and Paper II from 14:00 to 17:00 IST.
6. The tentative release date of the answer key is 4th June, and that of the result announcement is 14th June.
The other JEE Advanced important dates 2019 shall be disclosed soon by IIT Roorkee. Students can keep a regular check on their official site too.
JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria
Students wanting to apply must rank within the top 2,45,000 in the JEE Main Paper I. This has been stipulated as the minimum eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced including all categories.
Percentages of various candidates to be shortlisted as per JEE Advanced 2019 eligibility criteria –
1) 4% for the GEN-EWS
2) 27% for OBC-NCL
3) 15% for SC
4) 7.5% for ST
5) 46.5% of the remaining shall be made OPEN for all.
[Note: A 5% of horizontal reservation has been made applicable for PwD candidates within these 4 categories.]
• Age Limit:
Applicants born on or after the 1st of October 1994 are allowed. A 5 years relaxation is provided to SC/ST/PwD students; meaning, those born on/after 1st October in the year 1989.
Candidates can go for JEE Advanced for a maximum of 2 times in 2 successive academic years.
• Class XII (or equivalent) exams:
a. Students who have appeared for the 2018-2019 Class XII examination for the first time.
b. Results declared after June 2017 for Class XII for the year 2016-17.
In case, the result of a candidate’s Class XII or equivalent exam, which was otherwise officially declared before June 2017, was withheld, then he/she cannot apply as per the JEE Advanced eligibility criteria 2019.
[Students whose admissions at IITs had been cancelled after enrolling are NOT eligible. However, those admitted for preparatory courses in any IIT CAN apply.]
How to fill JEE Advanced application form?
The stepwise process to fill JEE Advanced application form is not that much of a difficult task and can be completed only if one closely follows every single instruction. Remember that if you partly fill out your form, then that gets rejected by the authorities instantly.
Read up the following steps to fill JEE Advanced 2019 application form:
Phase 1: Registration
• Go to the official website of the JEE Advanced 2019 examination.
• Enter your JEE Main roll number along with your password for 2019.
• Choose a new password
• You shall be redirected to a new page which will contain your academic as well as personal details deemed necessary.
• Now, you will be asked to provide information such as choice of cities where you wish to sit for the exam and your preferred language (Hindi/English).
• SAVE and then go ahead for the next step.
Phase 2: Documents
• High-quality latest scanned images need to be uploaded along with a scanned signature in JPEG layout.
• The size of your photo should be within 4kb to 40kb.
• Your signature must be within the range of 1kb to 30kb.
• Every other necessary document must be more than 50kb and less than 300kb.
Following these steps shall lead to the next step which is ‘payment’!
2) SC/ST/PwD candidates will have to pay Rs. 1300 + GST
3) Other candidates are to pay Rs. 2600 + GST
1) Applicants from SAARC countries are to pay a fee of USD 75 + GST.
2) Candidates from non-SAARC countries will have to pay USD 150 + GST.
CBT in foreign countries
1) Indian nationals inclusive of PIO/OCI are to pay USD 75 along with GST
2) SAARC candidates will pay USD 75 and GST
3) Non-SAARC applicants will give a fee of USD 150 and GST.
Remember – The GST amount to be added with your JEE Advanced 2019 application fee shall be prescribed by the Indian Government as per the rule active during the registration period.
Here are the stepwise details to fill JEE Advanced application form:
The application fee can be paid online via debit/ credit card or net banking. For the JEE Advanced login credentials, you can – Reset your password using a security question
Reset the password by opting for a verification code that shall be sent through text message to your registered mobile number.
You can reset your password by a resent link that shall be sent via email.
After you create the new password, a page showing your details shall be presented to you.
• You can select up to 3 exam centres.
• Fill up your category and scribe status.
• Check every detail before you submit.
Documents that shall be required include –
• 10th class board certificate/ birth certificate
• 12th or equivalent board exam certificate
• Category like PwD or DS to be specified
• Scribe letter in case it is applicable
• PIO/OCI certificates if needed
After you upload the images of your latest scanned photo and signature, you have to proceed to the payment section.
For the online mode –
• Pay via debit/credit or net banking as mentioned above.
• Then, click on the “Pay Registration Fee” tab
• The MOPS or Multi Option Payment System page shall appear on your screen
• Enter your payment details and then pay your application fee
Applicants who are to pay for DUBAI examination centre will have to pay their fees using an International debit or credit card which has been issued by foreign banks and outside India.
For the offline mode –
• Click on the “Pay Registration Fee” tab on the official website for the JEE Advanced 2019 application form
• Take out the print of your e-challan of SBI Bank
• Submit your e-challan along with the prescribed fee to the nearest branch of SBI
Print your application form –
After you have successfully completed your payment and the confirmation message shows up, you will have to take a printout. For safety, keep extra prints for future use in case one of them gets misplaced. Do not send any hard copy to the JEE authority.
JEE Advanced FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Here are few JEE Advanced frequently asked questions which can solve any confusion if you are having.
Q.1. How can I correct my application form if I submit wrong contact details?
Ans. In case you have entered wrong details, then there is no provision to rectify those. Once entered, no correction facility is provided.
Q.2. Should I fill my form on the last date?
Ans. No, you should definitely not wait till the last date of form fill-up. Chances of missing out deadlines and filling wrong details in a hurry or even facing technical issues have cropped up in the past.
Q.3. What is the new format for the IIT JEE exam?
Ans. The exam contains 2 papers which have both objective as well as multiple choice questions. It has 3 parts which are Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. The duration of both papers is of 3 hours.
Q.4. What are the reasons for an application form’s rejection?
Ans. Incomplete submission of details which have no image or signature uploaded, no fee payment or unclear images can lead to your form getting rejected.
Q.5. What certificates are to be provided for PwD category?
Ans. One of the most asked JEE Advanced FAQs, the Physical Disability certificate FORM –PwD II/III/IV is to be provided for the PwD category. Dyslexic candidates should submit FORM –DYSLEXIC 1 and 2 that MUST have severe mentioned.
Q.6. What certificates are necessary for foreign candidates?
Ans. Age proof such as birth certificates, Class XII mark sheet, identity proof and citizenship certificate along with passports of both parents are to be provided.
Q.7. Whom do I address if I need a scribe status letter?
Ans. Applicants who need the services of a scribe are requested to present a letter to the Chairman of IIT Roorkee.
Q.8. What are requisites for applicants to be admitted under DS?
Ans. This is a frequent JEE Advanced FAQ. Candidates to be enrolled under the DS category are asked to incur a certificate which is issued by gadgeted authority working in the Directorate of Resettlement & Rehabilitation. It should be authenticated by the Ministry of Defence or Home Affairs, New Delhi.
Get set for the most crucial exam in the nation! JEE Advanced
The JEE Advanced 2019 application form will be available on the scheduled date by IIT Roorkee. Your registration status shall be published within 72 hours of your fee payment. In case it does not appear, instantly contact the admission authority board.
This year, as you start to prepare yourself for the exam which is regarded as one of the most challenging undergraduate engineering tests in the world, do not be afraid or intimidated that you will lose out.
IITs have curated a world-class platform for education which is dynamically sustained with the help of state-of-the-art teaching, coupled with globally admired research framework. Its intricate infrastructures have been driven by the best minds the world can have! The faculty continues with its legacy to create a meaningful impact on every section of the Indian society and abroad.
Your dream of walking down the corridors of heritage IIT institutes will turn REAL now.