Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is scheduled to take place on 23rd and 24th April 2019. KCET is a state level examination conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) for admission to engineering, Pharmacy and agriculture courses into various colleges/institutions in Karnataka State. KEA sets some eligibility criteria which needs to fulfil for an admission into the colleges under it. Therefore, candidates are advised to go through the detailed KCET Eligibility Criteria 2019 before proceeding to fill out the KCET application form.
There are various parameters that fall under the KCET Eligibility 2019 such as citizenship, qualifying marks, examination, category, etc. We have shared each parameter in detail down the page. Scroll down to know more.
Parameters Under KCET Detailed Eligibility Criteria 2019
Candidate should be a citizen of India.
KCET Exam 2019 Eligibility Criteria – Educational Qualifications
B.E/ B. Tech
1. Candidates must have completed 2nd PUC/12th Standard or an equivalent examination with minimum 45% Marks in Physics and Mathematics with Chemistry/ Biology.
2. Candidates waiting for the results of their qualifying examination in 2019 are also eligible to apply.
3. Karnataka State Open State University (KSOU) candidates are not eligible to apply for KCET 2019.
B.Sc. (Agriculture/ Sericulture/ Forestry/ Horticulture/ Agri. Biotech), B. H. Sc. (Home Science), B. Tech. (Food Science & Tech.), B. Tech. (Food Technology), and B. Tech in Agriculture or B.Sc. (Ag Marketing and Co-operation)
Candidates must have completed 2nd PUC/12th Standard or an equivalent examination in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics.
1. The candidate should have studied from a recognised institution in Karnataka. The academic study from a state institute should be for a minimum period of 7 years, starting from 1st standard to 2nd PUC/12th standard as on July 1 of the exam year.
2. Candidates must have appeared/passed either SSLC/10th standard or 2nd PUC/12th standard exam from Karnataka.
Ward of Defence Personnel – KCET Detailed Eligibility Criteria 2019
1. Candidates who are Wards of defence personnel employed for a minimum period of one year in Karnataka during the two years period of H.S are also eligible.
2. A candidate who is a son or daughter of serving defence personnel from Karnataka i.e. those candidates whose parents had declared Karnataka as their home town while joining the Defence services, will be eligible under this category. However, those candidates need to have a proof of such domicile.
3. A candidate who is a son/daughter of a Defence Personnel who had served in Karnataka for at least one year and are currently on duty in field/active service and also the family is allowed to reside in Karnataka by Defence Authorities should have studied and passed the qualifying exam from recognized board/educational institute located in Karnataka.
4. The ward of serving/retired employee in Central Armed Police Force Service, whose parents had mentioned that his/her hometown was in Karnataka at the time of joining CAPF Service, has to submit a proof of his/her domicile from the record office of the CAPF unit where his/her parent’s service record is maintained. Under this category, the candidates should have cleared the qualifying examination from any recognized board/university, or any other institution located anywhere in India.
KCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria 2019 Regarding Mother Tongue of Candidates
Applicants mother tongue should be Kannada, Tulu, Kodava and must be a resident of Kannada or have resided and studied for a duration 7 years between 1st and 12th standards in the following areas:
1. Disputed Kannada Speaking area of South Sholapur OR
2. Akkalkot OR
3. Jath OR
4. Gadhinglaj Taluks of Maharashtra State OR
5. Kasargod OR
6. Hosadurga Taluks of Kerala State
Candidates belonging to the above-mentioned category will have to undergo and pass the Kannada Language Test.
Candidates who have studied for complete 10 years in Kannada language from grade 1st to 10th outside Karnataka will not have to appear for the Kannada Language Test. Those candidates must have passed the qualifying exam from any recognized institution.
KCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria for Migrant Candidates of Jammu and Kashmir
Candidates whose parents are migrants of Jammu and Kashmir need to produce a proof of migration which they can get from the jurisdictional District Magistrate and Deputy Commissioner of any state of India.
Also, keep visiting the official website of KCET Entrance Exam official website.
All the Best!