IIT Delhi is one of the most prestigious public technical universities in India. It was established in 1961 as the College of Engineering. Later declared an Institution of National Importance and renamed as Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. It is the dream college of millions of students. Are you the one?
To study in this top-class institution, you have to follow certain instructions, fulfil the eligibility criterion, clear JEE Main and Advanced exams, and many more. Here, you will find all the details related to how to get admission to IIT Delhi and what are the cut-offs for Delhi 2022. But, before getting into deep, let’s just get a brief overview of IIT Delhi, and then we will answer all your questions.
Highlights of IIT Delhi
Courses Offered by IIT Delhi
Now, let's have a glance at IIT Delhi courses.
Admission Process in IIT Delhi
The admission process in IIT Delhi follows a systematic approach and maintains different timelines for different courses. It helps students or parents to not get confused and easily understand the flow of communication and the admissions process.
Initially, the National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the JEE Examinations. The students who qualify for the exam will get a call for counselling. Counselling will be done in many phases according to the merit list announced by NTA. During the counselling, candidates can select IIT Delhi as their preference. Candidates who have the required cut-off will get admission to IIT Delhi.
JoSAA Counselling 2022 Dates
Previous Year Cut-Off for JEE Advanced
Getting admission to the IIT Delhi, the cut-off is a crucial point. The cut-off list for JEE exams will be designed and regulated by the Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JAA). The IIT Delhi cut-off may vary from course to course. It can be defined under various factors like rankings, cast, and the number of students appearing. Here, the cut-off of previous years 2021, 2020, and 2019 are given. By comparing these previous years' cut-offs, you can estimate this year’s cut-off.
What are the Factors Determining the IIT Delhi Cut-Off?
IIT Delhi cut-off is determined by the competent authority in view of the following factors:
The total number of candidates who appeared for the examination.
Level of the toughness of JEE Advanced examination.
Total number of seats vacant at IIT Delhi.
Cut-off trends in the previous years.
Category-wise distribution of the candidates.
IIT Delhi offers the scholarship to meritorious students who are eligible for Merit-cum-means (MCM) scholarships. For the MCM scholarship, the family income of the candidate should be less than 4.5 LPA and the candidate must score 6 CGPA. But, an utmost 25% of students can get this scholarship that provides a tuition waiver and an amount of Rs. 1000 and only 10% of students provided only tuition waivers.
SC/ST candidates will get full relaxation from the tuition fee.
Other notable alumni and industrialists provide scholarships to the students based on their family income and academic performance. A list of some other scholarships is given below:
Most of the MNCs visit every year to IIT Delhi. Usually, 80% of the students will step out from this institute with at least one offer letter in hand. The remaining 20% of students opt for options like further studies, preparation for civil services, start-ups, and research work and do not take part in the recruitment process. That's the reason many people wish to study at the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi. Among all the companies, Microsoft is one of the leading recruiters from IIT Delhi.
From the above-given table of cut-offs, you can see the previous years’ (2021, 2020, and 2019) cut-offs and get an idea of how much the competition is increasing. So, prepare yourself with mind, body, and soul and crack this exam to get admission to your dream college and serve the nation.
IIT Delhi is a prestigious IIT institution which ranks 4th in Overall, 3rd in Research, 2nd in Engineering, and 4th in Management. Many students from all over the country wish to study here. Students who are aspiring to study here and are positive about JEE Advanced can check all the details about IIT Delhi. In this article, we have given important information about IIT Jodhpur. Read the entire article to know more.