Share your contact information
Vedantu academic counsellor will be calling you shortly for your Online Counselling session.
10 Examples of Evaporation in Daily Life with Explanations
1. Drying clothes under the sun: water is removed from the clothes as water droplets get evaporated due to heat of the sun.
2. Drying up of water and potholes from streets: water gets evaporated from the potholes and puddles due to rain as it gets evaporated due to heat of the sun.
3. Evaporation of perspiration from body - Sweat on our body evaporates taking away heat from our body.
4. Tea and other hot drinks cooling: heat loss happens as water evaporates causing the hot drink to cool down a bit.
5. Drying up of water bodies like lakes and ponds in our surroundings: in hot summer months water gets evaporated and gets refilled only after it rains.
6. Drying of wet hair: hair dry up themselves after washing them as water gets evaporated due to heat of the sun/ heat of the hair dryer.
7. Common salt preparation: salt is prepared naturally by evaporation of seawater.
8. Ironing of clothes: clothes get ironed well when hot press evaporates water vapour trapped in the fabric and relieves creases.
9. Cooling of water in earthen pot/ matka: water cools as it evaporates from the surface of the earthen pot.
10. Evaporation of nail paint remover when applied on nails - acetone in nail paint remover takes heat from our body and evaporates.