10 examples of evaporation in daily life with explanations
1. Drying clothes under the sun: water is removed from the clothes as water droplets get evaporated due to heat of the sun
2. Drying up of water and potholes from streets: water gets evaporated from the potholes and puddles due to rain as it gets evaporated due to heat of the sun
"Have a doubt going on your head? Download Vedantu's Instant Doubt Solving App now and get all your doubts cleared by our experts."
3. Evaporation of perspiration from body - Sweat on our body evaporates taking away heat from our body
4. Tea and other hot drinks cooling: heat loss happens as water evaporates causing the hot drink to cool down a bit
5. Drying up of water bodies like lakes and ponds in our surroundings: in hot summer months water gets evaporated and gets refilled only after it rains
6. Drying of wet hair: hair dry up themselves after washing them as water gets evaporated due to heat of the sun/ heat of the hair dryer
7. Common salt preparation: salt is prepared naturally by evaporation of seawater
8. Ironing of clothes: clothes get ironed well when hot press evaporates water vapour trapped in the fabric and relieves creases
9. Cooling of water in earthen pot/ matka: water cools as it evaporates from the surface of the earthen pot
10. Evaporation of nail paint remover when applied on nails - acetone in nail paint remover takes heat from our body and evaporates.