Every year thousands of students aspire to secure a seat in premium medical colleges across the country. These medical colleges offer a bachelor’s degree in medicine, surgery, also called MBBS- Medicinae Baccalaureus and Baccalaureus Chirurgiae. It is an undergraduate degree in the field of medical sciences. Most of these top government colleges accept NEET scores to give admissions to the aspirants. NEET is a National Eligibility cum Entrance Test that is conducted in many states. All the institutions offering these medical courses must be recognized by the medical council of India as per the Indian Law. So, to secure a seat in one of these top government medical colleges in Mumbai city, one must be aware of the number of colleges, the number of available seats, and so on.
Medical courses are not very easy to pursue and to get admission in the best government medical colleges, one must crack the NEET exams and score higher marks. Top government medical colleges in Mumbai are only a handful and they have very few seats to offer. On the other hand, thousands of applicants appear for the NEET exams. Thus, competition is very fierce. All of these government colleges in Mumbai offer medical courses at postgraduate or graduate levels. After you have cracked the NEET exams, you will get an option to choose your preferred stream in the medical courses. This includes courses like BDS, MBBS, MD, MS, and so on.
The Indian government updates the list of approved medical colleges every year in the cities. The Government of India has also centralized the medical examinations for admission to any government or private colleges after 2016. A centralized procedure stands for one exam for many other entrance exams. So, several entrance exams are now combined to form one NEET entrance test to qualify for admissions.
Preparation is the key to cracking the NEET exam and securing a seat. You must prepare well to get the highest marks in the exam. It is also important to know the number of available seats in these colleges. This will give an idea of the cut off marks to get a seat in a college. Students who wish to pursue a career in medicine may check for the number of available seats for courses like MBBS, dental- BDS, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, and so on. By preparing a list of all available colleges and the number of seats available you will find it easier to pick a college and course of your choice.
As stated earlier, the National Test Agency (NTA) conducts the centralized NEET test for checking eligibility in the medical stream. By appearing for NEET, you will be eligible to apply for sources such as MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, BVSc, and AH. The colleges mentioned above offer these courses.
85% of the seats are available for students under state Quota. And, rest 15% is covered under all India quota for MBBS and BDS courses. This means 85% of the seats for Maharashtra MBBS admission 2020 comes under state quota and to be filled by the Commisionerate, Common Entrance Test Cell, Mumbai. The remaining 15% seats in Maharashtra MBBS colleges in Mumbai will be granted under the All India Quota scheme. These seats in different government colleges in Mumbai will be filled by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC).
Scores Scored by the Students is the major criteria for selection for the offering of seats.
Acquiring a seat in one of these government medical colleges is a dream for every NEET aspirant. So, prepare well and practice the topics. You may also visit Vedantu.com for topic wise preparation of various chapters and practice solved NEET MCQs curated by our experts. We make sure that you get all the study material in one place and have your doubts cleared at every step. You can also subscribe to our latest updates and stay updated with the course studies, exam preparations and much more.
We also advise you to visit official websites of these colleges in case you want to have an updated idea of the availability of seats and other information.