Is your child learning to read? Are you looking for some fun activities to teach your child English spelling and words? Don’t worry. We have just the right missing letter worksheet for you. In any missing letter activity, a word is given in which some of its letters are missing. Kids have to correctly complete the word either by guessing the pictures, listening to the word sound, or just by making sense of the word.
So, if you want to make learning the alphabet a fun and easy task for your child, join us for some fun missing letter activities!
_ ni _ _ ls
C _ m _ ra
S _ _ rfi _ h
_ are _ t _
J _ _ _ ary
1. Fill in the missing letters from the given options.
H _ _ g
_ _ ve
Re _ _ _ ct
S _ _ _ n
M _ _ _ er
_ _ _ ia
2. Fill in the missing letters.
Missing letter questions for kids
3. Complete the boxes with missing letters to remember the names of your favourite animals.
4. Fill in the missing letters to make multiple words. Count how many words you can make.
_ _ VE
_ OO _
_ _ KE
BE _ _
5. Complete the following sentences by filling in the missing letters.
Please bring me a g _ _ _ s of water.
I want to go to the be _ _ h to watch the sunset.
Do you have a holiday on this S _ _ ur _ ay?
My h _ _ _ e is very big and beautiful.
It is raining, so can I borrow your u _ _ _ e _ la, please?
6. Match the following pictures to the words after completing them by filling in the missing vowels.
_ CT _ P _ S
_ L _ PH _ NT
B _ _ KS
FR _ _ NDSH _ P
M _ CKY M _ _ S _
Did you enjoy filling in the missing letters in these interesting questions? Doing more such English activities will develop a strong foundation for kids. You can practice more English questions and enjoy fun activities on our website. If you get bored of doing these exercises, you can also explore our pages to read amazing and fascinating fairy tales and fables!
1. What is the significance of missing letter activity for kids?
The missing letter is a great activity to teach students how to grasp sounds within words. It also helps them to practice English spelling in a fun way.
2. What other activities can be used in addition to the missing letters?
Teachers or parents can use flashcards, audio activities, and lego letters to teach children. They can also use our website for other fun teaching activities.