Students aspiring to take admission in prestigious medical colleges in Madhya Pradesh must be wondering to know all the details regarding MP MBBS Merit List 2020. In this article, you can find all the necessary information. Madhya Pradesh MBBS Merit List will be released by the Directorate of Medical Education (DME), MP in the first week of July. The merit list will be available in the form of a PDF file. This will include details like candidate’s name, roll number, state merit rank, etc.
MP Merit List 2020 for MBBS and BDS courses in the state will be based on NEET 2020 scores. Students must note that authorities will only allow the aspirants who have successfully completed the application procedure, i.e. filling out the application form and fulfilling other eligibility criteria. Candidates who will find their names in the merit list will only be allowed to be a part of the counselling processes.
The total number of seats available in the state for MBBS and BDS courses are 1750 and 1164 respectively. The admission to these seats will be granted by the authorities on the basis of MP NEET merit list 2020. Aspirants who reside outside of Madhya Pradesh (i.e. not having MP domicile) need to know that only 15% of these seats will be filled under All India Quota (AIQ). Remaining 85% of seats will be filled under the state quota.
All you need to know about MP Merit List 2020 for MBBS BDS courses in Madhya Pradesh:
The merit list will be released in the first week of July. It will include all those candidates’ names who have registered them correctly and fulfils all the eligibility norms.
MP Merit List 2020 for admission to courses in various medical colleges of the state will be based on the NEET scores.
Students can avail the merit list on the official MBBS and BDS admission portal of Madhya Pradesh.
Students will be called for the counselling process on the basis of merit rank position secured in MP MBBS merit list 2020.
Candidates must ensure that they have done all the necessary formalities on time and promptly check the rank list. Once the list is out, they should keep some printouts of the list for their use.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to download Madhya Pradesh MBBS 2020 merit list:
Candidates can find a link available on the official admission portal. The same will be available in the first week of June. Students need to check and click on the link when it is available on the website.
Using the link, students can download the PDF file of the rank list of MP MBBS 2020. They can check for their roll number using the shortcut ctrl+f.
Candidates need to check for their qualifying status and accordingly attend the counselling process. Please note that it would be great to keep some PDF file copies for future use.
Madhya Pradesh MBBS admission will be conducted in several rounds including state rounds, mop-up rounds and college-wise admission rounds for admission to top medical colleges in Madhya Pradesh. Only those who clear NEET 2020 examination will be allowed for the admission for MBBS or BDS courses in the state. Students will be required to provide online NEET scorecard as well as other NEET documents at the time of counselling. Other academic documents will also be needed during the time of admission.
Let us look at the eligibility criteria for MP medical college admission 2020:
Passing the Class 12 board exam or any equivalent exam with Biotechnology/Biology, Physics, Chemistry, and English is mandatory.
A minimum of 50% aggregate score is a must for all students in the unreserved category to participate in the admission procedure.
The set cut-off must be cleared by the aspirants who seek admission in Madhya Pradesh MBBS and BDS courses.
Only domicile holders of Madhya Pradesh are allowed to apply for seats reserved under state quota. However, there are exceptions to this rule, which are as follows:
Children of freedom fighters
Wards of Defence personnel
Children of Central Government employees serving in the state of MP
Candidate between 17 to 25 years old as on December 31, 2019, are eligible to apply for undergraduate courses in MP medical colleges affiliated to NEET score.
Only Indian citizens and NRIs are eligible to apply for MP MBBS 2020.
Once the merit list is announced, students who are shortlisted need to participate in the counselling process. Students must note that the counselling will be conducted in the online mode where candidates can lock their seat after filling their choices. On the basis of the merit list, students’ choice, and availability, the admission will be granted. Students need to know both: the minimum qualifying percentile and the corresponding score needed to be scored for admission in a particular college in Madhya Pradesh.