The human brain is a marvelous organ that has the master control of all the other organs in our body. It has the ability to control almost every facet of the human body ranging from as simple as responding to a needle’s prick to solving the most complex problems. The human brain has got supreme cognitive functionalities which make humans the most evolved species. A human brain works by sending and receiving signals through neurons across various parts of the body.
It is the most complex structure with several folds. Along with the spinal cord, it accounts for a well operated central nervous system.
Several folds of the brain are divided into various compartments. Each compartment performs its designated functions. The different parts of the human brain are:
The forebrain consists of the Cerebrum, Thalamus, and Hypothalamus, which is why it is also the part that controls thinking and voluntary actions. It is the biggest part associated with higher brain functions and has 4 different lobes. They are:
The midbrain is a link between the forebrain and the hindbrain. It transmits signals between the midbrain and hindbrain. It is also associated with motor control, vision, hearing, temperature regulation, alertness, etc.
The hindbrain is involved in controlling visceral organs. Thus, it controls the heart rate, breathing, blood pressure, sleep and waking up functions, etc. It is composed of the medulla oblongata, pons, and cerebellum.
Let’s look at some solved MCQs on the human brain for NEET.
1. The Stimulation of a Muscle Fiber by a Motor Neuron occurs at the
2. An injury sustained by the Hypothalamus is most likely to interrupt
Coordination During Locomotion
Short Term Memory
Regulation of Body Temperature
Executive Function like Decision Making
3. In humans, the Alzheimer Disease is linked with the deficiency of
Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA)
4. A person shows following symptoms- Outbursts of emotions, unpredictable moods, quarrelsome behaviour, conflicts with others, what is the individual suffering from?
Disorders related to Mood
Disorders related to Addiction
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD)
5. Even after the Brain of a frog has been crushed, it still responds to a pinch on the leg by drawing it away. This act is an example of
Automated Motor Response
Neurotransmitter Induced Response
6. Which of these functions will be affected if the medulla oblongata is Damaged?
Response when prickled with a needle called Tactile Sensation
7. This part of the Human Brain is also referred to as the emotional brain
8. This is the outermost Cranial Appendage
9. This Cranial Meninges is in close proximity of the brain tissue
10. This statement is not associated with Midbrain
The central portion of the midbrain is composed of mainly four, round swellings known as corpora quadrigemina.
Located between the thalamus of the forebrain and pons of the hindbrain.
The canal called the cerebral aqueduct passes through the midbrain.
Hindbrain and midbrain constitute the brain stem
11. Which of the following is not a component of a Neuron?
12. Which part of the brain is primarily responsible for production of Speech?
13. Which of the following is not a part of the Brainstem?
14. What is the function of the Cerebral Aqueduct?
To release hormones into the blood
To connect the cerebellum to the spinal cord
To control involuntary functions
To provide a pathway for cerebrospinal fluid inside the brain
15. Which part of the brain controls the Pituitary Gland?
16. Which of the following cells provide nourishment to the Neurons?
17 Which is the process involving the Reabsorption of Neurotransmitters within a synapse for later use?
18. Which one of the following is the primary function of Occipital Lobe?
Regulation of the hunger drive
Reception of visual impulses
Regulation of sleep cycle
Reception of touch senses
19. Which of the following is not a part of the Brain?
20. Which part of the Brain moves the right side of your Body?
Left Parietal Lobe
Left Frontal Lobe
Right Temporal Lobe
Right Frontal Lobe
Share your contact information
Vedantu academic counsellor will be calling you shortly for your Online Counselling session.