MCQ on biomass energy which can appear in NEET 2020 paper will be discussed in this article; prior to that, let’s get a brief introduction on Biomass energy.
The energy produced from the organic material coming from plants and animals is called biomass energy. It is a renewable source of energy and contains the sun’s energy in the storage form as plants absorb it during photosynthesis. The same energy is transferred to animals when they consume plants as food for survival. Biomass energy is chemical energy which is released as heat when biomass is burnt. Many times, biomass is converted to biogas or liquid biofuels (diesel or ethanol). Some of the examples of biomass which are used for obtaining biomass energy include wood, agricultural crops, waste plants and wood waste, animal manure, human sewage, etc.
What is NEET 2020?
NEET is the abbreviation used for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test and it is an entrance examination in India for all the students who aim for studying MBBS (undergraduate medical courses) and BDS (dental courses). Based on the score and performance, they can get admission in any of the Government or private medical colleges and dental colleges in India. NEET is succeeded from AIPMT (All India Pre Medical Test) examination. It was held across India for the first time in the year 2013. The NEET 2020 exam structure and pattern shall be the same as usual where a correct response will give 4 marks to the candidate and for negative marking, 1 mark is deducted for every wrong answer. However, no mark is deducted if the candidate has not attempted any question. The total time duration for the NEET examination is 3 hours.
NEET 2019 Paper Analysis for Biology
Over the years, students have been observing that Biology is relatively much easier from other subjects like Physics and Chemistry.
The NEET Biology paper will consist of a total of 90 questions: 45 questions from each section, Zoology and Botany. Likewise, Physics and Chemistry sections will also have 45 questions each.
It was observed in the 2019 NEET Examination that the Class 12 syllabus had more weightage in the paper. Almost 46 questions were asked from Class 12 syllabus.
Most of the questions are asked from the NCERT curriculum.
It is advised to students to go through each topic of biology thoroughly to attempt all questions in the NEET paper. Having the basics clear for Biology will help you attain above average marks and succeed in the examination.
A good speed and accuracy will help you fetch great numbers and it comes naturally to you with practice and frequent revisions.
Here, we are talking about MCQ on biomass energy and with our analysis, we have highlighted some of the samples for this topic in the following section.
Samples for Multiple Choice Questions for NEET 2020
Let’s check out some of the MCQ on Biomass Energy that appear usually in the NEET paper. The meaning of the questions may remain the same with change in the sentence formation.
1. What Do We Obtain from Biomass?
2. Bioethanol is Produced through the Fermentation of Starch Components and ------------
3. Another Name for Biogas is
4. In Bio Methane, the Presence of Carbon Dioxide is
5. During Rectification of Bioethanol, the By-products Generated is Utilized as
6. Transport Fuel is Prepared with the Mixture of Bioethanol and ----------------
7. Denatured Alcohol i.e. Bio Ethanol is also Known as-
8. Which of the Following Materials Obtained from the Forest can be Used as Biomass?
What is Produced with the Aerobic Digestion of Sewage?
10. An Example of Starch Crops Biomass Feedstocks is-
11. Which of the Following Biochemical Conversion Process is Performed by Microorganisms?
All of the above
12. Which Kind of Conversion Uses Heat to Upgrade Biomass in Fuel?
13. The Process of Converting Feedstock or the Plant Glucose into an Alcohol Called Ethanol by Utilization of Yeast is Called --------------------------
14. Syngas is Produced as the Result of -------------------
15. The Process of Heating Feedstock in High Temperature in the Absence of Oxygen is Called-----------
16. Which is Considered to be the Largest Source of Biomass Energy?
17. Which of the Following Problems are Associated with Biomass Production?
High carbon dioxide emissions
All of the above