Chemistry is unarguably a vast subject that comprises several topics and sub-topics. In the case of NEET, the standard of the questions rises ten-fold. Therefore solving only some basic chemistry questions will not be of much help.
A total of 45 questions are asked from Chemistry in NEET, and it carries 180 marks. With robust preparation and solving various Chemistry MCQs, you can secure full marks in chemistry. Needless to say, that can be done only through an effective study plan and thorough revision.
In this article, some basic concepts of NEET chemistry notes are discussed following MCQ pattern.
The following table consists of the chemistry MCQ that came last year, i.e. 2019 NEET. You will get a fair idea of how many questions you can expect from each segment. However, this number can vary; therefore, do not leave any topic.
This NEET chemistry MCQ on some basic concepts of chemistry will help you to understand the level of your preparation.
1. What changes with time in the first-order reaction?
Rate of reaction
Both b) and c)
2. What is the order of reaction?
3. The wavenumber of spectral line in the emission spectrum of hydrogen would be equal to times the Rydberg’s constant if the electron jumps from ____________
n=10 to n=1
n=3 to n=1
n= 9 to n= 1
n= 2 to n=1
4. How many neutrons are there in the tritium nucleus?
5. Which of these hormones release during stress and stimulate Glycogenolysis in the liver of human beings?
6. The complete hydrolysis of cellulose, forms
7. Nucleic acids are the polymers of ________
8. Which one of these amino acids is basic in nature?
9. The number of electrons in the valence cell of the central atom of a molecule is 8. Which one is the molecule?
10. Which one is the least acidic?
11. Anisole can be made from methyl iodide on sodium phenate. The name of this reaction is
12. Write the name of this compound
[Image Will be Uploaded Soon]
13. If CH=CH-O-CH2-CH3 reacts with one mole of HI. Which one is formed?
14. The number of unidentate ligands in the complex ion is called
15. The number water molecule(s) directly bonded to the metal centre CuSO45H2O is
16. Which one decreases with dilution?
17. Which one is manufactured using Caprolactam?
18. Which one reduces iron oxide in a blast furnace?
A hot blast of air
19. What is R in this reaction?
[Image Will be Uploaded Soon]
o-bromo Salphanilic acid
p-bromo Salphanilic acid
20. Which one reduction with lithium aluminium hybrid creates a secondary amine?
21. Which one of these contains the lowest oxidation number of nitrogen?
22. Which statement is correct regarding Fullerene C60?
All carbon atoms go through SP2 hybridization.
One six-membered ring is fused only with another six-membered ring.
It consists of 20 six-membered rings and 12 five-membered ring.
A five-membered ring is fused with another 6-membered ring.
23. What is the coordination number of Al in the crystallized form of AlCl3?
24. Number of atom/cell unit of bcc is
25. If one mole of ammonia and one mole of hydrogen are fused in a closed container to make ammonium chloride gas, what will happen?
There is no relationship
These are a few probable chemistry MCQ questions that are gathered together for your convenience.
Once you learn the significant topics of chemistry, immediately start solving chapter-wise NEET chemistry MCQ from varied sources. The more you revise and solve questions, better will be your problem-solving ability, especially for the specified time limit.
Along with the MCQs, also concentrate on dealing with basic Chemistry questions and answers that will help you in clearing conception. Nonetheless, amidst the busy schedule, do not neglect the health. Stay hydrated, have a sound sleep and eat healthy.
1. Which MCQ Book is the Best for NEET?
Ans. First of all, read your NECRT textbook thoroughly. Apart from that, some good MCQ books for NEET are Objective NCERT Gear Up, MS Chauhan for Organic Chemistry, VK Jaiswal for Inorganic Chemistry, N Awasthi for Physical chemistry and of course previous years question papers.
2. How Can I Practise MCQ for NEET Online?
Ans. There are several websites available online that are dedicated only for exams like NEET, AIPMT, etc. You can get bunches of chapter-wise MCQ for each subject. The best part is that all these websites offer free mock test from which you can access for an enhanced preparation.
3. How Many Chemistry Questions are Asked in NEET?
Ans. A total of 180 questions are asked in NEET. Of these, 45 chemistry MCQ questions are asked. It covers all the three sections of chemistry: Organic, Inorganic and Physical.