MCQs on Plant Physiology – A High Scoring Chapter for NEET
Plant physiology is a sub-type of botany, which deals with internal activities of plants. It includes chemical and physical processes that occur within various species of plants. Biology section of NEET 2020 contains the most marks and preparing plant physiology MCQs can help students score higher marks.
Moreover, NEET 2020 is near, and students are going through their final revisions. Therefore, having a set of MCQs on the fundamentals of crop physiology can boost their last-minute preparation.
In this article, students can find a set of selected MCQ questions on plant physiology from various sections of the chapter.
1. Who Articulated the ‘Law of Limiting Factor’ in Photosynthesis?
2. Who is Regarded as the Father of Plant Physiology?
3. Who Discovered the Process of Photophosphorylation?
4. What is the End Product of the Calvin Cycle?
5. Which Metabolic Pathway Produces Carbohydrate?
Cyclic electron pathway.
6. __________________ have no Role in Photosynthesis.
7. What is the Reason Behind a Plant Bending Towards the Light as it Grows?
Since green plants are phototrophic.
Because auxin gathered on the shaded side stimulates higher cell elongation.
Since plants need light for photosynthesis.
Light stimulates cells on that side to grow faster.
8. What is the Reason Behind Cell Elongation in Intermodal Regions of Plants?
Indole acetic acid.
9. What is the Purpose of Trichomes on Leaves?
Aids in the rapid exchange of gas.
10. Rubisco Content in Chloroplast is ________
11. Among the Following, Indole-3 acetic Acid is Similar to Which Amino Acid?
12. Which of the Following is Known as a Hatch-slack Pathway?
13. Among the Following, Which is a C4 Plant?
All of the above.
14. Reverse Krebs Cycle can be Found in ___________
None of these.
15. ________________ is a Cruciferous Type Stomata.
16. Who Gave the Theory of ‘Osmotic Water Absorption’?
Atkins and Preistley.
Thimann and Kramer.
17. Among the Following, Which is a CAM Plant?
18. ___________ Cycle is Used by ‘Inducible CAM Plants’
All of them.
19. Which Type of Plants Store Malic Acid in Vacuoles?
20. Among the Following, Which is an Example of ‘Upright Growth of Stems’?
21. Who Gave the ‘Root Pressure’ Theory?
22. What is the Rate of Photosynthesis in C4 Plants?
23. What is the R.Q Value of Succulents?
24. Seeds are Treated with ______________ for Stratification.
Moist seed in low temperature
Just low temperature
Warm and moist temperature
Normal seeds in low temperature
25. Among the Following Find the Physiological Disorder.
Greening of potato tubers.
Gall midget rice.
Curling of papaya leaves.
None of these.
26. Hill Reaction Takes Place in ___________.
Grana of chloroplast.
Both a & b.
27. Dark Reaction Takes Place in ____________.
The stroma of chloroplast.
28. ___________ is the Form of Carbohydrate Transported through Sieve Tube after Synthesising in the Leaves.
29. What is the Function of Phenylmercuric Acetate?
It reduces transpiration rate.
It can kill a plant.
It decreases respiration.
None of the above.
30. The Amount of Water Retained by Soil after Drainage is Known as –
31. Water Available for Plants within the Soil is Known as –
Chemically bound water.
32. What is the Name of the Process Via Which Turgidity of a Cell is Maintained?
33. Wilting of a Plant is a Result of Excessive –
34. What is the Working Principle of a Photometer?
Amount of water absorbed is the same as the amount of water transpired.
None of the above.
35. _____________ is an Example of Synthetic Auxin.
36. What is the Reason for Seed Dormancy?
37. Due to the Uneven Distribution of __________ Phototropic Curvature Occurs.
38. Coiling of Garden Pea Around any Structure is an Example of –
39. Which of the Following is an Example of Gaseous Plant Hormone?
40. Among the Following, Which Acid is a Derivative of Carotenoids?
Indole butyric acid.
These are some important and popular NEET biology MCQs on plant physiology. The answer key is given below for reference.
Step-Up Your Revision as NEET 2020 is Around the Corner
There is not much time left in NEET 2020, and this is the time you should step up your preparation. Along with other chapters of biology, plant physiology exam is a vital section. Moreover, you should prepare this chapter thoroughly as it is an easy scoring one.
Furthermore, besides your last-minute preparation, it is imperative to take care of your health. Any health issues during this period can hamper your studies, which is not a good thing. Moreover, you should prepare a routine for your studies during this period. You must include a session for practising plant physiology MCQs along with MCQs of other subjects.
1. How Many Time is NEET Conducted in a Year?
Ans. NEET is conducted only once in a year. Even though students have requested for organising this exam at least twice a year, but NTA has not made any changes to the current system.
2. What is the Exam Date for NEET 2020?
Ans. The exam date for NEET 2020 is 26th July 2020. The admit card for this exam will be available from 11th July 2020. However, the final date for admit card may change.
3. What are Some of the Important Books for NEET UG Biology Plant Physiology?
Ans. Some of the essential books for NEET UG biology plant physiology are Objective Biology by Dinesh, Objective Botany by Ansari, GR bathla publications for Biology, etc.