All You Need to Know About Gujarat Medical Admission Cut Off

A Comprehensive Guide into the Gujarat Medical Admission Cut Off

With NEET being the in-focus exam for medical aspirants across the country, the latest announcement of its exam dates have students in a frenzy. Considering that you are in the same boat, stranded amid confusion and the increasing pressure, take a deep breath. True that exams are in a few months, but then again, once you have an idea of the tentative cut off, your approach will become more disciplined and your preparation stronger. Taking a state-wise approach, here are the details on the Gujarat medical admission cut off. Take a look! 

Various Aspects to the Gujarat Medical Admission Cutoff

A. Considerations before Estimating NEET Cut Off 2020 for MBBS in Gujarat

The cut off for NEET varies every year considering that it's based on percentile that is subjected to alterations taking into account a few of the factors –

  • Total number of candidates appearing for the entrance 

  • The difficulty level of entrance test 

  • Availability of seats in a state 

  • Marks secured by candidates in the exam


These above mentioned factors help determine the cut off marks and percentile for Gujarat merit list NEET UG 2020. With an idea about the last year cut-offs, and predictions of the tentative cut-offs for this years. Approaching the exam to succeed becomes feasible. It ensures that you can play on your strengths and work upon the shortcomings. 

Additionally, with the cut-offs handy, you can draft a timetable accordingly, ensuring that you have ample time to go back and revise the entire syllabus within the stipulated time.

B. Types of Cut Off for Gujarat NEET Merit List 2020

As per guidelines, every medical college in 2020 will have 15% of the seat reserved under all India quota, and the rest 85% of the seat is reserved for respective states. Candidates have to score higher than the cut off marks to be eligible for admission in medical colleges. Following are the two quotas through which a candidate can seek admission, considering that they score higher than respective cut off scores.

  1. NEET 2020 cut off Gujarat all India Quota – Under all India quota, 15% seats are reserved for candidates in every medical college. The Gujarat medical admission cut off list, in this case, will include both All India rank and NEET scores for aspirants. 

  2. NEET 2020 cut off Gujarat State quota – The counselling authority ACPUGMEC has released state-wise cut off for candidates belonging to a different category such as general, ST, SC, OBC, and physically handicapped. The minimum score needed is decided by the authority based on factors mentioned above for a particular state. 

  3. Cut Off for Gujarat NEET Merit List 2020

The 85% seat reserved under state quota can be filled by candidates who secure the minimum required NEET cut off 2020 for MBBS in Gujarat and percentile based on the category that they fall under.



While this is all about 2019 candidates, those appearing and preparing for the 2020 examination need to take into consideration this cut off. While these are subjected to alterations, there would not, however, be much of a difference. You can see this clearly if you look into the 2018 and NEET 2019 cut off for government colleges in Gujarat. 

IV. Category-wise qualified candidates in Gujarat merit list NEET UG 2020

The number of candidates qualifying NEET entrance exam 2020 by scoring marks higher than the Gujarat medical admission cut off are listed in the below table divided by different category they belong to.



With this, the total number of candidates that qualified the entrance test stood at 797042 out of 1519375 registered candidates. For the 2020 candidates, here is an estimate to your competitors' list. Make sure you are getting yourself prepared accordingly! 

V. Predicted cut off 2020 for NEET Gujarat

NEET exam for this year has been scheduled for May 3, 2020, whose result is likely to be announced by June 4 2020. That's the same date that NEET cut off or Gujarat medical admission cut off will be released.

Post this date, candidates would need to buckle up for their next round of NEET that involves counselling. Considering that with names are on the Gujarat NEET merit list 2019, half of the journey is made, here is a look at the predicted or tentative cut-offs for 2020 as set by experts.



Therefore, you must score a minimum of the cut off percentile to get admission into Gujarat MBBS/BDS courses.