If you are a JEECUP aspirant, you must first make sure you meet all the eligibility criteria of JEECUP 2020, as defined by the council before you start filling up the JEECUP 2020 application form. The eligibility criteria are listed below:
1) Your age must be at least 14 as of July 2020.
2) You must secure 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry in your Class 12 Boards.
3) You should pass class 10 with a minimum aggregate of 35%.
4) If you want to pursue agriculture, you must have studied the subject in Class 12. You must also have secured 50% marks in it.
The JEECUP Council has announced the dates for the release of the application form. The online mode of application form is available from January this year. You should carefully read the instructions before starting the application procedure. The important dates of JEECUP 2020 are as follows:
1) JEECUP 2020 online application started on 1st January 2020.
2) The last date of submission of JEECUP application form 2020 is till 16th March 2020.
3) Date of JEECUP examination is from 26-27 April.
4) The results for JEECUP will be declared in May 2020.
The JEECUP application form 2020 is available online on the official website at jeecup.nic.in. Follow the below steps to fill it up:
First, you have to register. For this, you have to fill in the contact details like your email id and phone number. You are also required to enter personal information like your name, your parents’ name, contact details, and AADHAR details.
Then you need to choose a password for your account.
After registration, you have to fill in domicile, academic qualifications, category and subcategory and choice of exam centre.
The last step of the application is the payment of fees. You will need to pay an application fee of 200 INR (for SC/ST candidates) or 300 INR(for general and OBC candidates) via the online or offline payment method. The online mode of payment includes transactions through Debit and/credit cards or through net banking. Offline payments can be made at any branches of SBI and by generating e-challans.
The dates for the release of the JEECUP 2020 admit card has not been announced yet. Tentative date is the second week of April 2020. After the release of the admit card, you may follow the given steps to download the admit card:
1) Go to the official website
2) Click on the link of the admit card.
3) A login window will open.
4) You will be asked to enter details like enrolment number and password.
5) Enter the security pin and click on the sign-in button.
6) The admit card will be displayed on the screen.
7) Download the admit card and take a print out.
For getting success in any examination, it is very important to be well-versed with the pattern of that examination. The types of questions asked and the level of difficulty of the questions are important criteria which decide how you will prepare for the examination.
The JEECUP examination is an offline examination that lasts for 180 minutes (or 3 hours). During this test, the students are required to answer 100 questions. All the questions asked are multiple-choice ones where you have to choose the correct answer from 4 options.
You are required to darken the circle representing that option on the OMR sheet. Marking two options will result in disqualification of the question.
Apart from the exam pattern and the important dates of JEECUP 2020, you should also pay attention to the marking scheme of the entrance test. This is important as there is negative marking for each wrong answer. According to the marking scheme of JEECUP examination, you will receive 4 marks for each right answer. However, you also lose 1 mark for every wrong answer.
These are some important instructions that the candidates must follow to avoid cancellation of the test. Make a note of these instructions:
1) You should reach the exam centre for at least half an hour before the exam starts.
2) In case you reach 30 minutes after the beginning of the exam you will not be allowed to enter the hall and your candidature will be cancelled.
3) You are allowed to use only ballpoint pens to mark the answers.
4) Carrying any books, textual notes, calculators, smartwatches, and slide rules, etc is not allowed inside the examination centre.
5) To avoid any hassle on the day of the examination, you should preferably visit the examination centre one day before the exam.
6) If your admit card doesn't have your photograph on it, you should bring two copies of your photograph to the examination hall. This photograph should be the same as the one used at the time of filling the admit card.
7) One of these photographs will be used to attach on the admit card. The other will be used to attach to the verification form. It will be later verified by the responsible examination centre authority.
8) Performing any sort of calculation on the answer sheet is strictly prohibited.
9) Distortion or changes to the physical form of the answer sheet can result in disqualification. Thus, it is advised to avoid folding the sheet or crumbling it.
JEECUP is a prestigious examination for which thousands of candidates compete each year. The competition is tough but with regular practice and smart work, you can achieve success. You must make sure to abide by all rules to avoid disqualification and penalty. Study hard and come out with flying colours to pursue the career of your choice.