Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2020

Uttarakhand Medical Education University Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna, Dehradun will be conducting the centralised counselling for applicants who wish to take up admission in MBBS in Uttarakhand state. The authority board will be conducting admission on 85% seats which come under Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2020 for Reservation Seats or state quota seats. The rest 15% will be conducted under All India Quota for which the Medical Counselling Committee will be conducting the counselling session. The counselling will be conducted on the basis of marks and ranks secured by the candidate in the NEET 2020 examination.

Below given is an overview of the admission process of MBBS in Uttarakhand State for applicants reference.

Overview of Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2020

Particulars

Details

Admission on the basis of

State merit rank from NEET scores

Counselling Conducting Authority 

Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University, Dehradun

Exam Conducting Authority

National Testing Agency

Exam Name

NEET UG

Name 

Uttarakhand MBBS Admission

 

To attain the dream of studying MBBS from Uttarakhand state a student needs to know about the important dates of the upcoming events like registration, the release of merit list, etc. Even though the counselling conducting authority board has not revealed the official dates yet, due to the pandemic, applicants can check the table of tentative dates for reference.

Uttarakhand MBBS Admission Dates

Events

Dates

Commencement of Online Registration

Last week of June 2020

Last date of online registration 

Last week of June 2020

Release of Merit List Round 1

First week of July

Release of Merit List Round 2

Last week of July

Release of Merit List Mop-Up Round

First week of August 2020

Application Form for Uttarakhand MBBS Admission 2020

The application form for MBBS Admission 2020 in Uttarakhand will be released by Uttarakhand Medical Education University Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna, Dehradun. The registration form is expected to be released in the fourth week of June 2020. The registration and the registration form can only be filled via online mode which will be given on the official website. To top up the Uttarakhand MBBS Application Form, students will have to visit the official web portal of HNBUMU and follow certain steps. Here is the step-wise detail for candidates’ reference.

1st Step: Visit the official website of HNBUMEU.

2nd Step: Click on the relevant link of the registration process.

3rd Step: Fill all the necessary details asked like phone number, NEET Admit Card Details, email id, etc.

4th Step: After registering, candidates will receive a verification code on the registered mobile number.

5th Step: After entering the verification code on the screen, the application form appears on the screen.

6th Step: Candidate will have to enter their details asked on the screen.

7th Step: Candidates will also be asked to upload the self-attested copies of a few necessary documents. 

  • Class 10th certificate

  • Class 12th certificate and mark sheet

  • NEET 2020 Admit Card

  • NEET 2020 Result Card

  • Category certificate

  • Domicile certificate

  • PWD certificate (if applicable)

 

8th Step: Submit the online application form.

9th Step: The last thing to be done is to pay the application form fee of rupees 2000. 

Eligibility Criteria for Uttarakhand MBBS Admission process

Candidates must ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed by the Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Uttarakhand Medical Education University, Dehradun. Eligibility criteria are the minimum requirement which a candidate needs to fulfil in order to apply for centralised counselling. Given below is the eligibility criterion for the candidate’s reference.

Academic Requirements:

  1. Candidates should have attended NEET exam and should have got the scores to register for admission.

  2. Candidates of the general category should have 50% marks in class 12th with Biology, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.

  3. Candidates belonging to PH categories should have 45% aggregate in class 12th with Biology, Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects.


Domicile Rules:

  1. Students who have studied their class 10th and 12th from Uttarakhand are eligible.

  2. Candidates who do not belong to Uttarakhand but have completed their class 10th and 12th from Uttarakhand, are eligible.

  3. Candidates who are non-residents of Uttarakhand but have completed their class 10th and 12th from Uttarakhand, are also eligible. 


Age Limit:

  1. Candidates lower age limit should be 17 years of age as on December 31, 2020.

  2. Candidates upper age limit should be 25 years of age as on May 6, 2020.