Chandigarh NEET 2020 Cut-off: All You Need to Know

Government Medical College and Hospital (GMCH) is the responsible authority to release the cut-off for Chandigarh MBBS or BDS programmes. The cut-off and the minimum percentile get released in the month of August. This year the timeline will differ a bit due to the sudden outbreak of coronavirus pandemic. However, the cut-off declared by the authorities is the last rank and on the basis of this, the admission will be granted or the merit list will be prepared. 

However, this cut-off will be applicable to the 85% state quota seats while the cut-off for the rest of 15% All India quota seats will be declared by the Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). There are a total of 100 MBBS seats and 100 BDS seats offered in the medical colleges of Chandigarh. All the aspiring candidates will be able to check the Chandigarh MBBS 2020 cut-off on the GMCH website. 

NEET Cut-Off 2020 Chandigarh - An Overview:

MBBS 2020 cut-off for Chandigarh basically refers to the last rank to which the MBBS/ BDS admission was granted. The cut-off for 2020 MBBS admission in Chandigarh will be released by the GMCH. This year’s candidates can look up to the previous years’ cut-off for the AIQ seats to get an idea about NEET cut-off  2020 Chandigarh. 

However, this year’s NEET exam has been postponed because of the COVID-19 pandemic as per the announcement by the Ministry of Human Resource Development. No new dates have been announced yet by the responsible authorities.

However, candidates will be able to understand the probability of getting admission on the basis of previous years’ cut-offs following the declaration of Chandigarh NEET 2020 cut-off and score. But every candidate must know that the cutoff varies every year depending upon many factors such as a number of candidates appearing in the exam, difficulty level of exam, the number of candidates applying for Chandigarh NEET admissions and others.

NEET 2020 Cut-Off Chandigarh – All India Quota:

The Chandigarh NEET MBBS cut-off for the All India Quota seats (15%) will be announced by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), on behalf of Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). 

NEET Counselling for the AIQ seats usually starts from the second week of March. This year the counselling has been deferred due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The NEET cut-off 2020 Chandigarh for All India quota will include the last ranks category-wise and NEET scores based on what the admission is offered.

Chandigarh NEET Cut-Off 2019 [for All India quota seats]:

Candidates’ Categories

Cut-Off

General

360

SC

7675

ST

11084

General - PH

59048


Chandigarh NEET Cut-Off 2018 [for All India quota seats]:

Candidates’ categories

Cut-off

NEET Score

General

289

637

SC

5651

560

ST

26447

488


Chandigarh NEET Cut-Off 2017 [for All India quota seats]:

Candidates’ categories

NEET Cut-off

NEET Score

General

278

653

SC

33,063

483

OBC

8263

563


Chandigarh State NEET Cut-Off 2020 – Union Territory (UT) Quota:

Following the successful completion of the counselling process, Government Medical College and Hospital or GMCH will release the NEET cut-off 2020 for the Union Territory / UT quota seats for all the candidates’ categories, i.e. Unreserved (UR), and Scheduled Caste (SC). 

Take a Look at the Cut-Off of Chandigarh NEET for the Year 2017 under UT Quota.

Candidates’ Categories

NEET Cut-off

NEET Score

General

8710

561

SC

-

-

ST

-

-