Once NEET 2020 results are out, you must fill up the Himachal Pradesh MBBS counselling application form. The authority will publish a merit list and if you are eligible, you will have your name there. This will be followed by offline counselling at HPU auditorium, Summer Hill, Shimla-5. Post this, seat allotment will take place. At a glance, the overview is:
Among the total MBBS seats in Himachal Pradesh, 85% is state quota and the rest 15% is of all India quota. The admission process to these seats is as follows:
It is important to keep track of the Himachal Pradesh counselling date as failure to meet them can result in cancellation of admission.
If you are a candidate seeking admission to HP state MBBS counselling, you must meet the following criteria:
You must crack NEET 2020 with cut off percentile
You must be an Indian citizen
You must not age less than 17 years as on 31st December 2020 (maximum age is still under consideration)
You must be a bona fide resident of Himachal Pradesh
You may or may not have domicile of origin in HP if you claim admission through management quota seats
Even if you are residing in HP but your parents are residing in other states, you can appear for this
You need to pass 10th and 12th from any recognised board or council and claim seat under 85% quota
General and reserved category students need to pass with 50% and 40% aggregate marks respectively in Physics, Chemistry, Biology/biotechnology and English
Follow each step minutely and make sure to complete them as you proceed further:
Step 1: Registration and Form Fill-up
Registration is done on the official website where you can get the link to the admission form. Fill the details, the course you are applying for, contact details, email ID etc. after this, you can complete the form fill up process by giving NEET 2020 score, rank, result details of Class 10 and 12 etc.
Step 2: Document Upload
Upload all the documents as wanted and instructed on the website. This will conclude the next step.
Step 3: Fee Payment
You must pay the application fee next or else your application will not be counted as valid.
Step 4: Form Print
Take 2-3 print outs of the application form for future references.
After the last date of application form submission, merit list will be published for the seats under state and management quota. The list will include candidates/ name, roll number, NEET score, all India rank, father’s name, category, date of counselling and domicile status. If your name is on the merit list, you must report to the counselling venue on the mentioned date and time.
The counselling will be conducted offline tentatively in the first week of July. Eligible aspirants need to report to the venue with documents. Both seat allotment and document verification will be done on this day. After that, students need to list out their preference for colleges and course. Availability of seats, rank, choice of students- all these will determine which candidate is allotted to which college. You must report to your allotted college on the date mentioned with all your documents.
We have tabulated the percentage of seats reserved for each category of students for your convenience in the following:
Following colleges (both government and private) offer MBBS and BDS courses along with the total MBBS seats in Himachal Pradesh.
We fervently hope that you have all your doubts cleared about the Himachal Pradesh MBBS counselling. The important dates and all details have been provided. Remember, cracking NEET with the cut off marks and a percentile is utmost necessary. So, on your part studying hard has no substitutes. Solve papers and practise more for securing your place in the medical and dental colleges in Himachal Pradesh.
1. What are the Important Documents Needed for HPU MBBS Counselling 2020?
At the time of the offline counselling, you must carry the following documents with you in original along with two sets of self-attested photocopies of each:
NEET 2020 admit card
NEET 2020 result
HPU MBBS counselling 2020 acknowledgement slip
Class 12 mark sheet and certificate
Class 10 mark sheet and certificate
Birth certificate or class 10/12 admit card containing candidate’s DOB
Class 12 certificate containing school location
Character certificate issued by the institute’s principal
2. Where will the Counselling be Held?
The counselling will be held at HP University Auditorium. Summer Hill, Shimla- 171005.