Free NCERT Books download for Class 11th Chemistry Chapter 4 - Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure on Vedantu. Students can also download the NCERT Textbooks Solutions in PDF for Class 6 to 12 all subjects. Register for Chemistry tuition to clear your doubts and score more in your exams.
NCERT solutions for Class 11th Chemistry Chapter4 are provided by Vedantu as free PDF for the aid of students who are planning to give their 11th standard term exams, board exams or any entrance exam. Detailed and comprehensive questions and their solutions from Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure are given in the PDF. These solutions are drafted by highly experienced subject experts for easy understanding of the students.
Do you need help with your Homework? Are you preparing for Exams?
Study without Internet (Offline)
FAQs on NCERT Books Free Download for Class 11th Chemistry Chapter 4 - Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
1. Why is the NCERT Book for Class 11th Chemistry Important?
National Council of Education, Research and Training (NCERT) has been the ideal choice for Class 11th as well as for the board-appearing students in developing and distributing the right content materials and books to them, both at the primary and secondary level. For CBSE Class 11thstudents, these NCERT books are godsent as they cover every important topic that is needed for their term examination. The best part about these books is that they focus on the crux of the concept and elaborate so clearly that all the doubts of the student are eradicated. The in-depth knowledge in these books helps the student to grasp the essence of the subject matter.
2. Why is NCERT Class 11th Chemistry important?
Chemistry is a highly conceptual subject. It forms the basis of everything that happens in the environment around us. To get good marks in their board exams, students need to strengthen their base in the subject. Class 11th Chemistry is filled with important basic concepts and topics. These topics are crucial to building a strong foundation in Chemistry so that the students can fully understand the more complex topics for their CBSE Board as well as various competitive exams. From a term-exam point of view, it's mandatory that students follow the NCERT notes and solutions to be able to solve maximum questions and score good marks.
3. What all topics are included in the NCERT Class 11th Chemistry Chapter 4 - Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure?
“Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure” is the fourth Chapter of the CBSE Class 11th Chemistry Syllabus for session 2021-22 and one of the most important ones at that. The Chapter essentially contains crucial information on how the different elements of the periodic table bond with each other to form complex compounds. To understand the details of chemical bonding, students need to have a thorough understanding of the molecular structure of an element. Because it is the molecules that ultimately combine to form elements, compounds and mixtures. This Chapter covers the most basic and fundamentally important concepts of Chemistry like the hybridization and modern theory of chemical bonding and theory on dipole moment and bond polarity. A brief list of topics included in this Chapter are-
1. VSEPR theory or The Valence Shell Electron Pair Repulsion Theory
2. Octet Rule-theory and their Limitation
3. Lewis Structure and Lewis representation of simple molecules
4. Ionic or Electrovalent bond
5. Lattice Enthalpy
6. Modern Theory or Valence Bond Theory
7. The Bond Parameters- their length, angle, order and enthalpy
8. Covalent bonds and their polar nature
9. The concept of Hybridization
10. The Molecular Orbital Theory- formation of Molecular Orbitals
11. Molecular Orbital and its types
12. Energy level diagram of Molecular Orbitals
13. Bonding of Homonuclear Diatomic Molecules
14. The Concept of Hydrogen Bonding- their cause of formation and types of H-bonds.
4. What kind of questions are included in the NCERT book for Class 11thChemistry Chapter 4 - Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure?
The questions are mostly theoretical but conceptual in nature. It includes short answer questions, diagram-based questions and long answer type explanatory questions. An overview of the different kinds of questions included in the PDF are-
Questions on Bond parameters concerning their length, angle, order and enthalpy
Questions concerning dipole moment, polar covalent bonds and bond polarity
Questions on the theory of Hybridization
Questions on Molecular Orbital theory
Questions to draw Energy level diagrams of molecular orbitals
Drawing Lewis Dot symbols for different atoms, molecules and ions
Questions related to VSEPR theory and various other theories given in the Chapter
Questions on Resonance and Octet rule.
5. Are the solutions given in NCERT book for Class 11th Chemistry Chapter 4 - Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure free PDF difficult to understand?
The USP of NCERT books is their ease of understanding. The simple language and step-wise explanations of each step make it possible for students to understand even the most complex questions. Simple explanations help the students to relate to the solutions and enable them to grasp the fundamentals in an effective manner. The solutions not only help students as a reference material but also help them to understand the nature of questions that can be expected in their term exams and the manner in which they ought to write the solutions. These solutions also help them with Class assignments and projects.