Hint:. To perform daily life processes, the organisms need energy which is generated from the well-balanced diet only. Food is a basic component of our day to day lives. The body of an organism functions well when the food is consumed.
Complete step by step answer:
The importance of food for organisms are discussed below;
- The organs function well when food and energy is consumed.
- The intake of food develops the immunity power to fight against infectious diseases.
- To perform activities like respiration, digestion, excretion, etc., organisms need energy and nutrients which are provided by food.
- Blood absorbs nutrients from food which helps to heal wounds and cures it when attached to the living organism.
- Food gives us energy to work, to grow and to repair the damaged parts.
- Food helps us grow better and healthier in the imbalanced environment.
- Food composed of proteins and nutrients help us to repair muscles, build DNA; also repair tissues like skin, hair and nails.
- The function of food is not to provide energy for growth but also for metabolic activities such as running, walking and many more.
Note: The food we intake is in complex form, they are broken down in smaller and simpler forms which are responsible to release energy and help the growth. This energy keeps us warm too. Therefore, food is necessary to gain energy required by the body.