CBSE Class 7 Geography Worksheet Chapter 4 Air Around Us – Download Free PDFs with Solutions
Geography is an integral component of the overall Social Sciences syllabus of Class 7. Having a firm grasp on the subject is essential to score good marks in examinations. The discipline entails the study of man–environment relationship, and it helps young minds connect to nature and understand the practicalities of various everyday natural phenomena that they see around them. The fourth chapter of the Class 7 NCERT Geography textbook is titled ‘Air.’
The chapter begins by mentioning that the mass of air, which engulfs the earth and makes it livable, is what we call the atmosphere. The earth's atmosphere is composed of different gases, such as hydrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide, helium, etc. The chapter then goes on to explain the three important constituents of the earth’s atmosphere and provides fascinating insights on the atmosphere’s structure and on earth’s weather and climate.
Geography is a wonderful subject, and it has an expansive scope vis-à-vis higher studies. However, for young minds of Class 7, the subject may be too cumbersome as the lessons are often very detailed and include complicated concepts. As such, some extra handholding is essential for students to reach their optimum potential. Parents and teachers should ensure that students are going to receive additional academic support via study materials, guidance reports, etc., as depending solely on NCERT textbooks and exercises is not enough.
Access Worksheet for Class 7 Geography Chapter 4 - Air
1. Fill in the blanks:
The Earth is covered with a layer of air called as _______.
________ and _________ are the two largest numbers of gases.
_______ is the day-to-day condition of the atmosphere.
There are ______ layers of atmosphere.
_______ protects other layers of atmosphere.
2. Define the Atmosphere.
3. What is the composition of the atmosphere?
4. What do you mean by Greenhouse Gases? State examples of greenhouse gas.
5. What is the importance of oxygen in the atmosphere?
6. What are the uses of carbon dioxide?
7. State True or False for the following questions:
Ozone Layer does not absorb the ultraviolet rays from the Sun.
Atmosphere is a mixture of gases.
Carbon dioxide helps human beings to breathe.
Wet clothes take longer to dry in humid areas.
There are in total two layers of atmosphere.
8. What do you mean by Global Warming?
9. Define Weather.
10. Why do wet clothes take longer to dry on a humid day?
11. What are the different layers of air?
12. What is an ozone layer? What is its use?
13. Which layer is the most essential layer of air?
14. Which gas constitutes the largest part of the atmosphere?
15. What is the percentage of oxygen in the atmosphere?
16. As we go higher, what happens to the air?
17. What is the process of plants and trees making food called?
18. What is the consequence of the rise in greenhouse gases ?
19. State one reason why air is important for us.
20. Match the following:
Layer of air
Most important layer of air
21. State True or False:
Oxygen is a greenhouse gas.
Depletion of ozone layer helps in protection of the environment.
Atmosphere makes the planet Earth unique.
22. State two reasons due to which human beings are dependent on air.
23. How do plants use nitrogen?
24. What is the structure of air?
25. Why is solar energy important?
Answer for Worksheets
1. (a) Atmosphere, b) Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide, c) Weather, (d) Five, (e) Ozone
2. Our Earth is covered with a huge blanket of air which is called the Atmosphere. All living beings are dependent on the atmosphere for their survival on this planet.
3. Atmosphere is a mixture of a large number of gases. It is composed of 78% of nitrogen which is the largest share in the atmosphere. Oxygen constitutes 21% of the atmosphere. Other than these major gases, there are carbon dioxide, helium, ozone, argon and hydrogen in lesser quantities.
4. Greenhouse gases are those gases whose concentrations are rising on the earth’s surface. Carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide and HCFCs are some of the greenhouse gases.
5. Oxygen is the second most abundant gas in the atmosphere. Oxygen is very essential for sustenance. We cannot live on the Earth without oxygen. Oxygen helps all living beings, animals and birds to breathe. Trees and plants also need oxygen to make food in the process of photosynthesis.
6. Carbon dioxide is an important gas in the atmosphere. The main use of this gas is done by plants and trees which use this gas to make food through the process of photosynthesis. Plants release oxygen and use the carbon dioxide released by humans. This is how the gases are balanced in the atmosphere.
8. Global Warming is a gradual and subsequent increase in the earth’s temperature due to the greenhouse effect. Gases like Carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide and HCFCs are the greenhouse gases responsible for global warming. Rise in heat level, expansion of warmer seas and melting of glaciers are some of the instances responsible for global warming.
9. Weather is the day-to-day condition of the atmosphere. Weather is classified as cold, hot, dry or humid.
10. On a humid day, the composition of water is slightly more in the air. Due to the humid nature of air, wet clothes take a longer time to get dry. On a sunny day, wet clothes get dry easily due to the heat.
11. The major layers of air are troposphere, stratosphere, mesosphere, thermosphere and exosphere. These layers are separated based on the temperature and height in the atmosphere.
12. Ozone Layer is a shield which protects the Earth from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the Sun. The Earth is currently dealing with the issue of ozone layer depletion due to which the temperature of earth is rising. It also led to melting of glaciers, warmer seas and rise in the temperature.
13. Troposphere is the most important layer of the atmosphere because it contains 85% of its mass.
14. Nitrogen constitutes the largest part of the Earth’s atmosphere.
18. Global Warming
19. Air is important for the survival of all living beings and plants. It is a mixture of various gases like oxygen, carbon dioxide, nitrogen, dust particles, etc.
20. Correct match:
Layer of air
Most important layer of air
21.a) False, b) False, c) True
22. Human beings are dependent on air because: it helps humans and animals to breathe and it protects us from the harmful rays of the sun.
23. The bacteria in plants and roots help nitrogen change so plants can use it because they cannot use it directly.
24. The structure of air divides it into five parts. Troposphere, Mesosphere, Stratosphere, Thermosphere and Exosphere are the five layers of air.
25. Solar energy helps in the generation of electricity and it also helps in cooking purposes.
Importance of Studying Class 7 SST Chapter 4 – Air Around Us
The chapter helps students learn about the three pivotal gases – oxygen, nitrogen, and carbon dioxide, which are essential for human survival.
Students also get to know about various weather and climatic phenomena such as wind, moisture, temperature, air pressure, etc.
The information included in the chapter holds veritable significance for higher level competitive exams, for which some students might appear in the future.
Therefore, students must dedicatedly practise the Air Around Us Class 7 Worksheets with answers.
Exercise from Air around Us Class 7 PDF
1. Match the Following.
Atmosphere i) 78 percent
Hydrogen ii) Seasonal winds
Humidity iii) Layer of air surrounding the earth
Monsoons iv) Moisture in the air
The Air Around Us Class 7 worksheet with answers PDF should have fun exercises like match the following, fill in the gaps, interesting facts, etc. to make the learning process more interesting for students.
Important Topics Class 7 SST Chapter 4 – Air Around Us
Some of the important topics of the chapter include the following:
Understanding the Atmosphere
Composition of the Atmosphere
Structure of the Atmosphere
Weather and Climatic Conditions
Wind and Types of Winds
All Air Around Us Class 7 Worksheets with Answers must contain exercises on the topics given above.
What Does the Air Around Us Class 7 Worksheet PDFs Consist of?
Become the quintessential ‘genius’ of Geography with Vedantu’s Air Around Us Class 7 Worksheet with Answers PDFs. Crafted by adept, experienced, and reliable subject matter experts, the PDFs are the one-stop destination for all students who want to expand their horizons. You can find interesting facts, guides, exercises, extra questions and answers, etc. in the PDFs.
Geography is no longer challenging when you have a guide like Vedantu.
The PDFs of Vedantu contain diagrams that make learning even the toughest concepts of Geography easy.
The content of the PDFs with Class 7 Chapter 4 questions and answers has been devised in accordance with the latest CBSE guidelines.
Academic PDFs are transforming education all over the world. Now, students can learn from anywhere and at any time. The flexibility that PDFs like those of Vedantu provide is commendable. A rather difficult subject like Geography also becomes manageable when academic PDFs are well-curated, easy to understand, and adhere to CBSE guidelines. So, if you want to reach new academic milestones, then click on the download button now.