CBSE Class 5 English Worksheet Chapter 1 Ice Cream Man - Download Free PDF
The poem Ice Cream Man describes how children love ice cream on summer days. The author of this beautiful poem is Rachel Field. The author tells us the joy that brings an ice-cream man in the summer and how children love to eat ice cream.
The poem starts by describing a summer day when the hot or flamed wind blows everywhere in the city, making the city hot. When an ice cream man comes with his little ice cream cart on the hot summer street, children get excited to eat ice cream. The author describes in detail the ice cream man and his little ice cream cart in this poem.
The ice cream cart has a round umbrella, and beneath this umbrella, the ice cream man serves all the different flavours of ice cream. He fills the ice cream cones with different types of ice cream flavours like strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla. The little ice-cream cart also has different colours of cold drinks like pink, orange, green, and white. The cold drinks are frosty-fizzed in a bottle which gives a chilled tasty experience to the kids on a hot summer day.
In the last paragraph, the author compares the ice-cream man’s little cart with sweet peas and a bed of roses and the kids with the honeybees. Just like honeybees gather together on the bed of roses or the sweet peas, the kids also gather around the ice cream man to get their favourite ice creams or cold drinks.
Access Worksheet for English Class 5 Chapter 1 - The Ice-cream Man
Having an ice cream on a hot sunny day is_____________.
The ice cream man has ___________,__________,__________flavours in his cart.
The ice cream man is_______________ice creams.
The children are_________ice creams.
2. Pick the odd one out:
Vanilla, Strawberry, Chocolate, White
Icecream, Summer, Frosty-fizz, Drinks
Peas, bees, sees, umbrella
Heat, Street, Cheat, Heart
Green, Orange, White, Roses, Pink
3. Match the following with their meanings:
bright flame of fire
full of joy
4. Which is the most common flavour of ice cream liked by children?
5. Name the poet of the poem The Ice cream Man?
6. What is the Ice cream man's cart compared to?
7. Name the season described in the poem.
8. Write down the rhyming words used in the poem.
9. What is a simile? Give one example of a simile used in the poem.
10. Write 5 sentences about the summer season.
11. Name different flavours of ice cream the ice cream man has in his cart.
12. What are the two things that the ice cream man is selling?
13. Write the summary of the poem The Ice Cream Man?
14. List some of the outdoor summer activities that you enjoy.
15. How will you explain your dream ice cream?
16. Write 5 lines on your favourite ice cream.
17. Who clustered around the ice cream cart and for what?
18. Make suitable pairs for describing words:
19. What would you like to do in your coming summer breaks?
20. Explain your childhood memories of the ice cream man?
Answers to the Worksheet
Vanilla, strawberry, chocolate
full of joy
the bright flame of fire
4. The most common flavour of ice cream liked by children is chocolate.
5. Rachel Fields
6. The ice cream man’s cart is compared to a flower bed.
7. The Summer season is described in the poem.
8. Peas Bees, Heat Street, Sight White
9. A simile is a comparison of two things using the words like or as. Example: As thick as honeybees.
I enjoy the summer season very much because it is my favourite season.
I like to ride my bicycle with friends during summer breaks.
I love eating ice cream and shakes in the summer.
The heat of the sun gives us the positivity to work harder.
Summers are good because I can go swimming carefree.
11. The different-flavoured ice cream man has Vanilla, strawberry and chocolate in his cart.
12. The two things that the ice cream man is selling are cold drinks and ice creams.
13. The poet describes the children's love for ice cream in the poem. The poem is written by Rachel Fields and tells of the happiness he brings out on hot summer days. The seller visits the streets. He has ice creams in different flavours. This poem shows how an ice cream man brings happiness to a child's face. It also shows the behaviour of a child when an ice cream man arrives in their street. They gather and revolve around the cart like a honey bee. It is a good read as it takes us back to our childhood memories.
14. Some outdoor summer activities are:
Playing with friends in the park, cycling, swimming, and planning for a picnic.
15. My dream ice cream would be blue in colour. Its shape should be like a dragon. It should be frosty and soft like jelly and I would like to name it Super Dragon Ice Cream.
16. Five lines on my favourite ice cream:
My favourite ice cream is rainbow ice cream.
It has many flavours in single ice cream.
It is creamy and it has a cheesy cake inside it.
I love its flavour a lot.
It is a frozen food that can be eaten as a snack.
17. The children clustered around the ice cream cart like honey bees for ice cream.
19. I would like to enjoy my upcoming summer breaks by riding my cycle with friends and family, reading books, going on picnics, swimming and many more fun activities.
20. I loved eating ice cream when I was a child. I used to try different flavours when any ice cream seller visited our street. It was great fun having ice cream together with our friends.
Benefits of Learning Ice Cream Man: Class 5 English Chapter 1 Worksheet
The Class 5 English chapter 1 worksheet on the poem Ice Cream Man is necessary to practice and learn the poem properly. The Ice Cream Man Class 5 worksheets have several types of questions and tasks that will help to create a clear image of the Ice Cream Man poem in every child’s imagination.
The summary of the poem and the Ice Cream Man Class 5 English chapter 1 worksheet also includes an interesting task of - ‘how to draw ice cream man’, which will help your teachers to understand how clearly kids understand the poem.
The poem gives a beautiful picture of a hot summer day when an ice cream man enters the street with his little ice cream cart. The poem describes the fun-filled experience that an ice cream man can bring in a summer day with his ice creams and cold drinks.
Examples of Class 5 Ice Cream Man Worksheet
Some of the most important examples of the poem Ice Cream Man Class 5 English chapter 1 worksheet are:
1. List Some Summer Activities
Ans: Some of the summer activities are:
Creative art and craft
2. Group These Activities Into Indoor and Outdoor Activities
Ans: Among the above-mentioned summer activities, the indoor activities are- cooking, creative art and craft, and the outdoor activities are swimming, bike riding, gardening, pottery, and summer camping.
3. Write 5 sentences about the Ice Cream Man
Ans: 5 sentences about ice cream man are:
The ice cream man has a little ice cream cart.
The ice cream man fills the ice cream cone with cooling brown and white mounds.
The ice cream man stands beneath a round umbrella on a hot summer day.
The ice cream man has a little cart full of different flavours of ice cream like strawberry, chocolate, and vanilla.
The ice cream man also has different types of frosty-fizzed cold drinks.
What Does the PDF of Class 5 English Worksheet Chapter 1 Ice Cream Man Consist?
The Vedantu Ice cream Man- Class 5 English Chapter 1 Worksheet PDF is designed based on the latest CBSE English Marigold book.
The worksheet has covered all the important parts of the Ice Cream Man poem with its brief and easy-to-remember answers.
The Ice Cream Man Worksheet PDF can be downloaded and accessed through any smartphone and mobile device with the access of proper data connection.
Vedantu offers a well-designed Ice Cream Man worksheet with the help of their veteran subject matter experts, which makes the worksheet fun. Don’t miss the chance to educate your child with the best study notes.