Following are the list of disadvantages of pollution:-
• Air Pollution: - It is the contamination of the natural air by mixing it with different pollutants such as harmful fumes and chemicals. This type of contamination can be caused by burning material or by gases emitted by vehicles or harmful fumes emitted as a by-product of industries. Global warming is one of the biggest side effects of air pollution as per the experts.
• Water Pollution:- It is the contamination of the water on the planet Earth. It includes water contamination by pollutants such as bacterial, chemical, and particulate that reduces the purity of the water. Oil seepage, as well as littering, is one of the most common forms of pollution. It mainly occurs in lakes, oceans, rivers and even underground reservoirs.
• Soil Pollution:- It is also known as land pollution. It is the contamination of the soil or the land that prevents the growth of natural life. It includes land usage for irrigation, wildlife as well as habitation. The very common causes of soil pollution include hazardous wastage, mining as well as littering, non-sustainable farming practice, seepage into the soil, etc.
• Noise Pollution:- It is the loud noises which are fashioned by human activities that disturb the standard of living in the affected area. It can shoot from things such as railroads, traffic, loud music, concerts, aeroplanes, fireworks etc. This can even result in permanent or temporary loss of hearing as well as disturbances to wildlife.
• Radioactive Pollution:- This is one of the most dangerous forms of pollution. It is enormously harmful and can even result in death. We are witting this type of pollution from the 20th century. It evolved with the rise of atomic physics and nuclear weapons. Radioactive pollution results in the pollution of the air and land with radioactive poisoning. Leakages or accidents at nuclear power plants, as well as from improper disposal of nuclear waste are also reasons for this pollution. Birth defects, cancer, deteriorating of health and even death are the results of this harmful type of pollution.
• Light Pollution:- Light pollution is the over-illumination of a certain area that is considered obtrusive. The most common way to determine if an area is polluted is to look at the stars if you can see them your area is not so polluted. Pollution includes large lighted cities, billboards and other advertising, and night-time entertainment.
• Thermal Pollution:-Thermal pollution is when the temperature increases in a particular area over time. This heat is often caused by air pollution and the release of carbon gasses in that area that traps more heat on the Earth. The earth has a natural thermal cycle, but excessive temperatures can result in long-term effects. Deforestation, power plants, high carbon footprint, etc. are the resultant effects of this pollution.
• Visual Pollution:- This one is not so dreadful form of pollution, it can be considered as unappealing to the eyesight. When there are obstructions to views by billboards, power lines, construction areas and even high rises, this form of pollution come into picture. It does not have immediate health effects but can have slow effects.
• We all know due to global warming, glaciers are melting at a very high speed, this is increasing the sea level and many islands are merging in the water.
• Due to an increased level of pollution, the ozone layer is getting damaged. Which is causing harming UV radiations on the earth, resulting in increasing level of cancer.
Sorry!, This page is not available for now to bookmark.