Hint: One of around 4,600 species of insects that are among the most primitive living winged insects, Cockroach, (order Blattodea), also called roach, appears today just as they do in fossils that are more than 320 million years old.
- The cockroach is distinguished by a flattened oval body, long thread-like antennas and a shimmering black or brown leathery integument.
- The head is bent downward and, as is the case with most other insects, the mouthparts point backward instead of forward or downward. Typically, male cockroaches have two pairs of wings, while females are wingless or have vestigial wings in some species.
- A hot , humid, dark atmosphere is preferred by the cockroach and is typically found in tropical or other mild climates.
- Just a few animals have become pests. More material is destroyed by the bug than it absorbs and emits a disagreeable odour.
- The diet for roaches, which includes both plant and animal products, ranges from food , paper, clothing, and books to dead insects, especially bedbugs. For roach control, insecticides are used.
- The cockroaches are omnivorous scavengers and will eat any source of organic food at their disposal. Though they prefer candy, meats and starches, other things such as fur, books and rotting matter are also known to be eaten.
The correct answer is option(A) Omnivorous.
Note: Cockroaches can live for days or even a week without consuming water. Some cockroaches will live for months at a time if they are given water but deprived of food. However, if they are given dry food but deprived of water, they would die faster.