Sunflower seeds are beneficial for health. Many health problems stay away after consuming it. Sunflower seeds are used as medicine in Ayurveda. It contains many nutrients. It contains vitamin C, minerals, and omega 3 fatty acids. Let us know in this article how to use sunflower seeds and many uses of it.
Benefits of Sunflower Seeds
Sunflower seeds are beneficial for hair growth, heart health, weight loss, lower cholesterol and prevent certain types of cancer. Sunflower seeds are rich in vitamin E, vitamin B, and minerals like protein, selenium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, calcium, and zinc. All these are very important for our health. Some of the benefits are listed below:
Sunflower Seeds Oil
1. Helpful in Making Bones Strong: Sunflower seeds can help strengthen bones. The properties of magnesium are found in good quantities in sunflowers which are considered beneficial for bones. It can help strengthen bones and relieve joint pain.
2. Helpful in Keeping the Heart Healthy: Vitamin C and Vitamin E are found in sunflower seeds, which can work to protect the heart from many dangers. Consuming sunflower can help reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke by preventing cholesterol from accumulating in the blood vessels.
3. Helpful in Keeping the Skin Healthy: Oil also comes out from sunflower seeds and this oil is considered very beneficial for improving your skin. Its oil can fight against bacteria. This can help in keeping the skin healthy.
Uses for Sunflower Seed Shells
If you eat a lot of sunflower seeds and don't want to throw away the shells, you can use them in several ways. One option is to plant them as mulch in your garden, as they help prevent weeds from growing around your plants. We can also use them as a drink instead of coffee or tea which contains caffeine.
How to Use Sunflower Seeds?
To experience the benefits of sunflower seeds quickly, it is necessary to consume them in the right way. So know below how to use Sunflower Seeds in food:
We can peel sunflower seeds and eat them raw.
We can peel and roast sunflower seeds and eat them as a snack.
We can use sunflower seeds by making a paste-like butter.
We can also use sunflower seeds to make soft food crisps.
We can also use it in salads, sandwiches, and pasta. This will make your dish tasty and also increase its nutritional value.
1. Why are sunflower seeds considered beneficial for health?
Ans: Sunflower seeds are rich in medicinal properties, which are considered beneficial for health. Sunflower seeds are rich in calcium, protein, vitamins, and many other nutritious elements. They can work to protect the body from many diseases.
2. Should we include sunflower seeds in our diet? If yes, write one way to do it.
Ans: Essential fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals are found in sunflower seeds, which are very important to keep our bodies healthy. Therefore, we must include these seeds in our diet in some form or other. Roast sunflower seeds are considered a healthy snack.
Learning by Doing
Kids Activity: Paper Plate Sunflower
Materials: Paper plates, construction paper, gum, yellow paint, and sunflower seeds.
Instructions: Cut out several yellow petals and stick them on a small yellow paper plate already in place. Fill the centres with sunflower seeds.
Sunflower seeds are an important source of vitamins and minerals that are beneficial for our health. In this chapter, we have seen many benefits and uses of sunflower seeds. Now, we know how to use sunflower seeds in daily life to maintain our health.