CBSE Class 6 English Worksheet Chapter 3 The Shepherd's Treasure - Download Free PDF
The story "The Shepherd's Treasure" is a well-known Iranian folk tale. The summary of The Shepherd's Treasure conveys that having high values or qualities will lead to a high position. The shepherd in this narrative rose to a higher position via his intelligence and humility.
Despite his lack of education and poverty, the shepherd remained intelligent. He helped others who came to him with their issues. His suggestions provided them with complete confidence and bravery. He treated everyone equally.
The shepherd's intelligence and helpfulness also reached the country's king. The monarch wanted to test his IQ personally. After assessing his intelligence, he appointed him as governor of a tiny district. The new governor put his potential and intelligence to good use.
He was fair to everyone. People appreciated and acknowledged him for his kindness and wisdom. The governors of other provinces became envious of him as a result. So, they told him some lies, accused him of saving money from taxes, and hid it in the iron chest he always carried with him.
Everyone was taken aback as the shepherd revealed the iron chest, proving him to be a trustworthy individual. On the second occasion, the monarch was pleased with his intelligence and awarded him for being the governor of a larger district. As a result, the story concludes with the moral that noble virtues are always recognized and rewarded.
Access Worksheet for Class 6 English Chapter 3 - The Shepherd's Treasure
1. Where does the shepherd use to live?
A small village of Afghanistan
A small village of Iran
A small village of Iraq
A small village of Pakistan
2. What was the shepherd’s oldest friend?
An old pot
An old sweater
An old blanket
Gold and silver
3. What made the shepherd famous in the kingdom?
4. What did the king give the shepherd as a reward?
King Giving Reward
None of the above
5. Write about the shepherd from the lesson, ‘The Shepherd's Treasure’?
6. Why did the king get impressed by the shepherd’s hospitality?
7. What was the reward given by the king to the traveller?
8. Why did other governors get jealous of the shepherd?
9. What was attached to the shepherd’s chest?
10. Why did the king summon the shepherd to his court?
11. Fill in the blanks:
The king disguised himself as a ______.
The shepherd was given a _______ as a reward.
______ was the shepherd’s oldest friend.
12. What was inside the shepherd’s iron chest?
Shepherd’s Iron Chest
13. Why was the shepherd attached to his old blanket?
14. What did the king give the shepherd as a reward for his honesty at the end?
15. State True or False:
The shepherd was very rich.
The king disguised as a female and visited the shepherd.
The king got impressed by the shepherd’s hospitality and wisdom.
The king gave the shepherd a small district to rule.
16. Why was everyone happy when they saw the shepherd with an iron chest?
17. The shepherd did not go to school because____________________________.
18. The king was impressed by the shepherd because _______________________.
19. The king gave the shepherd a_______________________________.
20. Write three qualities of the shepherd.
Answers for the Worksheet
1. (b) A small village in Iran
2. (c) An old blanket
3. (c) His wisdom
4. (a) A district
5. The shepherd used to live in a village of Iran. The shepherd was very poor and did not even own a small cottage for himself. Though poor and uneducated, he was very wise and became famous for his wisdom.
6. The king disguised himself as a poor traveller and went to the shepherd’s cave. The shepherd welcomed the traveller and allowed him to stay in his cave. He also gave water and meals to the travellers. He also allowed the traveller to stay in the cave for night. The king was impressed by the shepherd’s hospitality despite being poor.
7. While the king was leaving the shepherd’s cave, the shepherd thanked his majesty and the king was impressed by his wisdom. Due to his honesty, wisdom and hospitality he made the shepherd governor of a small district.
8. The shepherd rose to power and dignity as a governor. Despite achieving this level of success, he remained humble. People loved him for his wisdom, kindness and humbleness. This made other governors jealous and they started speaking ill about him.
9. An iron chest was attached to the shepherd’s chest. All the governors and the king believed that the iron chest was filled with gold and silver.
10. The king called the shepherd to his court because he heard many rumours about the shepherd carrying an iron chest with himself. He suspected that the iron chest was filled with gold and silver.
11. (a) traveller, (b) a small district, (c) an old blanket.
12. Inside the iron chest of the shepherd, there was an old blanket. All the governors and the king were surprised after looking at the blanket. The shepherd told them that he keeps this old blanket with him because it was his oldest friend.
13. The shepherd kept his blanket in the iron chest. He was attached to his blanket because it was his oldest friend. The blanket was his companion when he was poor so he did not want to replace the blanket with a new golden cloak. The king got impressed by his honesty and wisdom.
14. The king gave him a much larger district than the previous one because he got impressed by his skills, wisdom and honesty. He knew his capabilities and gave him a much larger district to rule.
15. (a) False, (b) False, (c) True, (d) True
16. Everyone became happy when they saw the shepherd with an iron chest because they thought the iron chest was filled with gold and silver. All the governors were jealous of his fame and popularity.
17. He was very poor.
18. Because of his hospitality and wisdom.
19. A small district to rule.
20. Wise, humble and kind.
Benefits of The Shepherd's Treasure Worksheet
This chapter aims to guide pupils and help them understand the need to retain kindness, humility, wisdom, and sympathy for others. The Shepherd's Treasure worksheet allows students to learn more about the story through solutions to the NCERT based Questions You may get these NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English in PDF format at Vedantu.
Examples of The Shepherd Treasure Question Answer
Q. Choose the correct answer.
1. The shepherd did not attend school because
(i) he was not rich.
(ii) there was hardly any school in his village.
(iii) he wasn't interested in learning.
Ans: (ii) There was hardly any school in his village.
2. (i) What was in the iron chest?
(ii) Why did the shepherd always carry it?
(iii) Does it demonstrate the shepherd's humility, wisdom, or both?
Ans: (i) The iron chest only held an old blanket.
(ii) Because it was his oldest and most trusted companion, the shepherd always carried his blanket in the box. It would protect him if the king removed his post and power.
(iii) Yes, it exemplifies the shepherd's humility as much as his knowledge.
What does the PDF on The Shepherd's Treasure Story Consist?
Students taking the CBSE board should select the best study material accessible in the market today. Subject experts have developed Vedantu's NCERT Solutions to assist students in performing well in their board exams. Students having difficulty answering textbook problems might refer to the summary of The Shepherd's Treasure and solutions to textual questions to obtain a general understanding of the chapter.
The PDF contains solutions that assist in addressing students' questions that emerge while learning the chapter. Vedantu has the best NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Supplementary Chapter 3. Subject matter experts create chapter-by-chapter solutions to assist students with revision. The solutions follow the CBSE syllabus and norms to engage pupils in more rigorous exam preparation.
Vedantu has free NCERT Solutions for Class 6 English Unit 3 - The Shepherd's Treasure of the Supplementary Reader - A Pact with the Sun. These solutions will assist students in properly understanding the chapter and performing well on the English exam. Our specialists have curated The Shepherd's Treasure question answers to provide a better understanding for Class 6 students.
FAQs on CBSE Class 6 English Worksheet Chapter 3 The Shepherd's Treasure - PDF
1. What is the moral of The Shepherd's Treasure?
In this narrative, we witness how a shepherd came to prominence with knowledge and humility and how even after achieving recognition, he remained as modest as before. This anecdote encourages us to be polite and humble in all circumstances.
2. What type of person was the shepherd?
Though poor and uneducated, he was a very wise man.
3. What is the work of a shepherd?
A shepherd is responsible for keeping his flocks together, protecting them from predators, and guiding them to market places in time for shearing.
4. Why did the shepherd always have the iron chest with him?
The iron box held an old blanket rather than money, silver, or gems. The shepherd always carried the blanket with him since it was his oldest friend and would protect him if his Majesty decided to take his new clothing away.