Download Free PDF with Solutions of Challenges Faced by Indian Democracy Class 10, Chapter 5
Maharashtra Board students of Class 10 have a very important chapter in their syllabus called Challenges Faced by Indian Democracy. The concepts are explained in detail in this chapter. Students can gain more details about solving Challenges Faced by Indian Democracy questions and the different formulas and techniques used for that. In order to delve deeper into the topic, download the practice Chapter 5 Class 10 Political Science.
In order to solve the questions of the chapter, students will have to practice a lot and grasp the importance and details of the chapter. This is where the solutions crafted by Vedantu experts can come into action. Students can practice using these solutions, and hence they don’t have to miss out on important details.
Access Maharashtra Board Solution for Political Science Class 10 Chapter 5 Challenges faced by Indian Democracy
Choose the Correct Option from the Given Options and Complete the Sentences.
1. In a democracy ............ participate in elections and get political power.
None of the above
Ans: The correct answer is A.Political parties.
Political parties compete in elections to gain political power in democracies.
2. The major challenge faced by all democratic nations in the world is .............
Deepening the roots of democracy
Importance of muscle power
Ans: The correct answer is A. Religious conflicts.
Religious conflicts are the main difficulty that all democracies in the world must overcome.
State Whether the Following Statements are True or False. Give Reasons for Your Answer.
1. Alertness is required to sustain democracy.
Ans: The statement is true.
Democracy must be maintained by being alert against malpractices in politics and corruption.
2. Importance of the problems of farmers and tribals has increased in the left extremist movement.
Ans: The statement is true.
The importance of farmers' and tribal peoples' issues has dramatically decreased in the radical left movement. However, to oppose government policies and to attack the police force there is the use of violent measures.
3. People may lose confidence in the democratic process due to corruption during elections.
Ans: The statement is true.
Election corruption is one of the reasons that may cause people to lose faith in the democratic system because of distrust among people.
Explain the Concept.
Ans: Naxalism and left-wing extremism are significant issues in India.
To end injustice against tribal people and landless farmers, Naxalism emerged as a movement.
However, Naxalism today is a violent conflict. The Naxalite movement has downplayed the significance of peasant and tribal issues.
Instead, the Naxalite groups utilize violent methods to criticize the government's policies, including attacking police officers and other such strategies.
Ans: According to reports, India's public sector has an extremely high level of corruption.
Corruption at the political and administrative levels hinders the government's ability to function.
People begin to dislike and disapprove of the entire governmental system as a result of inefficient government operations, subpar public services and facilities, and many financial errors.
People's confidence in the democratic process is lowered through electoral corruption, phony voting, voter bribery, voter kidnapping, and other such actions.
Answer the Following Questions in Brief.
1. Which factors are required for the success of democracy in India?
Ans: The following conditions must be met for democracy to succeed in India:
Economic growth is necessary for the establishment of democracy.
Election, or the process of choosing representatives, is the cornerstone of democracy.
Democracy cannot be formed without political freedom and education.
Another important aspect of democracy is the judiciary.
Democracy also manifests in the willingness to address the concerns of the populace.
2. What are the effects of the criminalization of politics?
Ans: Another significant issue facing democratic regimes is the growing involvement of criminals in the political process. Political parties may nominate candidates who have a criminal history, are the subject of pending criminal charges, or are under investigation for corruption. This makes money and forces more important in politics. Additionally, this could result in unrest during elections.
3. What efforts are undertaken to bring transparency to the political process?
The ability of democracy to contribute to excellent and good governance is one of its most significant advantages.
The administrative machinery has multiple layers that are fixed in terms of transparency and accountability.
For instance, transferring government monies directly into the accounts of the needy and the underprivileged is one of the development's most crucial elements. It will significantly raise the social and economic standing of the community.
Can you Tell?
1. In a democracy, to get power, political parties contest elections. But do political parties organize internal elections?
The political parties must hold elections at the organisational level. Are such elections held?
Ans: Not every time internal elections in a political party are held. This creates the problem of lacking democracy within the party itself. This is because of the concentration of power in one or a few leaders at the top. Regular organizational meetings could resolve this problem to some extent.
Questions in My Mind.
1. China adopted economic reforms and also became a member of the World Trade Organisation. But China continues to have a one-party system. Is China a democratic nation?
Ans: No, China is not a democratic nation as it has a one-party system. The Chinese Communist Party has all the government powers and no other party or candidate is allowed to stand for elections. The party acts in the interests of the people but the power is centralized.
2. Which democratic institutions need to be established for transformation from a non-democratic system to a democratic system?
Ans: The democratic institution which is needed to be established for transformation from a non-democratic system to a democratic system is the Judiciary. This is because it is represented by the Supreme Court and it ensures that justice is provided equally to all the citizens of the country.
What Do you Think?
1. Family monopoly in politics is a major problem before democracy in India. A monopoly of just one family in politics reduces democratic space. Common people cannot participate in the public sector.
Ans: There is no place for family monopoly in politics. Due to the increase in this, the other deserving candidates don't get the opportunity to be the leader and represent the people. Having a monopoly leads to an unequal political system and allows others fewer chances to participate.
What measures will you suggest to control corruption? Make a list of it.
Organize a group discussion in your class on the problem of terrorism in India.
Present a street play on ‘how to get rid of addiction?’.
1) I would suggest the following measures to control corruption:
Keep the public sector transparent and accountable for everything.
Make sure that the public sector employees act in the public interest.
Take legal action against corrupted activities.
The policies and the set of rules should be kept reviewing from time to time.
2) Do it yourself
3) Do it yourself
Importance of Maharastra Board textbook solutions for Class 10 Political Science Challenges Faced by Indian Democracy
The class 10 Chapter 5, titled Challenges Faced by Indian Democracy for Maharashtra board students, includes all the important details about number progressions and sequences. Students will learn what Challenges Faced by Indian Democracy are and how are they represented. The chapter also provides an introduction to the common difference between the consecutive numbers in the progression. Students will be introduced to the General Form of an Arithmetic Progression. The chapter also introduces the concepts of the First Term to the students.
1. Access to Solutions by Experts: Getting guidance and learning from experts who have curated the answers that focus on learning standards specific to the age group. It also provides well explained and easy to understand solutions for a student.
2. Beneficial for Resolving Doubts: Sometimes, questions asked in the chapter become challenging to comprehend, especially for students who find Political Science difficult. The textbook solutions can present them with elaborative and comprehensive answers or solutions which will benefit them in case of doubts.
3. Learning Through Mistakes: When a student is trying to solve a question, it is often observed that they get the correct answers but do not follow the proper method. In such cases, textbook solutions can help them understand the experts' approach, which they can use while finding the answers.
4. Practice with the Right Approach: Practicing the questions by following correct methods and techniques becomes significant for a student. These practice questions become the building blocks for their further question-solving practice. Hence, it is crucial to solving many questions based on a concept with the right approach.
Benefits of Using Vedantus' PDF Solutions for Class 10 Political Science Maharashtra Board
Challenges Faced by Indian Democracy is a chapter that demands a thorough understanding of the concepts and details. With the solutions for the chapter, students can properly understand the chapter and its contents in it.
The practice sets and the solutions have been carefully crafted by some of the learned experts at Vedantu, who are well-versed in the concepts of Challenges Faced by Indian Democracy.
Students can use the solutions to practice more and gain a better understanding of the chapter. This is also going to be a great help during the examinations, and they can score high marks if any questions are asked from this chapter.
The practice set Challenges Faced by Indian Democracy Class 10 Political Science for Maharashtra Board students acts as a fantastic way to revise any concepts that might be doubtful for students. They can solve the questions and easily cross-check if their answers are correct.
Excel in Your Prep With Maharashtra Board Class 10 Political Science Chapter 5 Solutions
Download and study from Maharashtra board class 10 Political Science solutions chapter 5Challenges Faced by Indian Democracy and see the benefits. You will gain a deeper understanding of the chapter and its contents. You will also be able to memorize all the formulas and use them to solve problems from the chapter. Download the PDF version from Vedantu right now.