Courses for Kids
Free study material
Offline Centres
Store Icon

Which of the following is not a minority community?
A. Muslims
B. Christians
C. Sikh
D. Bihari

Last updated date: 13th Jun 2024
Total views: 384.9k
Views today: 11.84k
384.9k+ views
Hint: India is a country having a diversified cultural and linguistic identity. Certain classes, caste as well as the community are there in the country with the help of which such distinctions can be made.

Complete answer:
A community refers to a group of people having a specific characteristic. In India, different groups of people live together and share a bond of unity. Such groups are basically divided under majority and minority.
About 80% of the total population comes under the majority group of community and the rest 20% includes the minority community. It varies from region to region as well as from people to people.
Hindus is the largest professed majority group in the country and Muslims contain the largest minority community. Along with Muslims, other groups like Sikh, Christians, Zoroastrians, Buddhists, Jains, and Paris also fall under the category of the minority.
Minority groups contain a very unique nature of substitution or subordinate groups. But sometimes a minority may also be identified as the largest group having no power and so-termed as a minority.
The country has the vast majority of people belonging to the Shaivite and Vaishnavite denominations. Shaivites are the ancestors of Lord Shiva and are one of the largest traditions within Hinduism. Vaishnavites are the ancestors of Lord Vishnu that are considered as the supreme Lord.
So, the correct answer is Option D.

Note: The people under minority groups are also known as Other Backward Class (OBC). They are mainly backward in terms of their social and educational status.