Everything material in our culture ultimately comes from natural resources. For example, Coal, Oil, Soil, Water, Land, Minerals, Forests and Timber, and Air we breathe. The role natural resources has on earth is imperative indeed. That is why it’s so important for us to all have some accountability and why we need to PROTECT and RESPECT our environment.
"Have a doubt going on your head? Download Vedantu's Instant Doubt Solving App now and get all your doubts cleared by our experts."
Here are few reasons listed below which will through light regarding the importance of natural resources and the need to conserve them:
1. Nature helps to maintain the environmental balance and satisfy the needs to the fullest.
2. A wide range of industrial material and biological material from plant and animal, directly or indirectly are used in production and in the manufacturing of medicine.
3. Resource are known as capital converted to commodity inputs to infrastructural capital processes.
4. These are the “3R Concept” 3R means “REDUCE”, “REUSE” and “RECYCLE”. An example is papers, our used papers will reuse by recycling it and turn it into a new paper product.
5. Resources are important for the development of any country. For example, to generate energy, one need fossil fuels; and for industrial development, we require mineral resources.
6. Irrational consumption and over utilisation of natural resources has led to socio-economic and environmental problems.
7. Natural resources are available in fixed quantity and they are non – renewable,
8. Natural resources are getting scarce with the increasing population, so it is essential to conserve them. This empowers us as well as our future generation to utilise the natural resources to the full extent.
9. It takes millions of year for the formation of natural resources.
10. They play a vital role in the economic development of the country by enriching agriculture, trade, imports and exports, etc.