Importance of Trees:
- Trees are a part and parcel of earthly life. All life directly or indirectly owes its existence to them.
- Trees release oxygen which we need for our life. They also absorb the carbon-dioxide.
- Many living species live in trees. Trees form the natural habitat of many animals, birds and insects.
- Trees help make the land fertile. We get good crops out of fertile land.
- They are the sources of the fruits and flowers.
- They offer us cool shade during summer.
- During rainy season, we take shelter under the trees.
- Trees and plants are the sources of many supply life-saving drugs.
- They prevent land erosion and guard us against pollution. Thus, trees keep up the ecological balance.
- Trees protect us from inclement wind also.
- Seeds, nuts and fruits are food sources for humans and animals.
- Trees protects the biodiversity of the ecosystem.
- Tree resins are used in producing varnishes.
- Essential oils derived from tree (example: eucalyptus, almond, camphor, etc) are used in medicinal and aroma industry.
Conclusion: Thus, trees play an important role in our life. Felling of trees disturbs the eco-system. We should preserve trees and plants with great care.