Differentiate between the farms in India and the USA?
Hint: A farm, also called an agricultural holding is a neighbourhood of land that is devoted primarily to agricultural processes with the first objective of manufacturing food plants and other crops; it's the essential facility in food production. The difference between the farms of India and of the United States lies in the fact that India is a developing country while the USA is a developed country.
Complete answer: There are many differences between India and the USA in general, such as the development, population, education and literacy of the countries. These cause further differences in terms of the farms in both the countries.
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
1) India is a developing country that is agriculture-based. It provides employment to 60% of the total population of the country.
1) The USA is a developed nation that is not agriculture-based and only 2% of its entire population is employed in agriculture.
2) In India the average farm holdings are small in size, i.e. 2 to 3 hectares.
2) In the United States, the farm holdings are of huge sizes, i.e. 250 hectares.
3) Majority of the farmers in India are either uneducated or have very basic school knowledge from the village schools.
3) The farmers in the USA are well educated and keep themselves up to date with the latest developments and technologies in the field.
4) Indian farmers use man labour extensively with traditional methods and equipment like ploughs (still drawn by an ox).
4) In the United States, heavy machinery and advanced technologies are used in the fields to maximize their production.
5) The farming in India is heavily dependent on the weather conditions and considering that the farmers only produce 2 to 3 crops in a year.
5)The farmers in the USA use scientific methods to study the soil, its contents, improve its quality, and use a variety of methods to irrigate their fields. This increases their productivity to multiple crops a year.
6) Farmers in India get very little returns for the work that they put into the field.
6)The US farmers get way bigger returns.
Note: In terms of agricultural production, India is ranked at number four. China is the largest producer of agricultural products. China is the largest producer of rice in the world. It has only 5.4 lakhs square kilometers of irrigated land, whereas India has 9.6 lakhs square kilometers of irrigated land. India is the biggest producer of milk and milk products in the world.