Water is the first need for anyone and water conservation is the hot topic today! It simply means making use of water in an appropriate and judicious manner. Since our lives depend entirely on water, it is our duty to think about water conservation and how we can contribute to it.
To your knowledge, 97% of our planet is covered in salt water that we cannot use for drinking. The left side of 3% of the water is cool but the 2% is also blocked by glaciers and ice caps. So, we only have 1% left. So, now, feel something that explains why water conservation is important to us. We only depend on a small percentage of water, so it is our responsibility not to pollute and abuse it. Each of us must know how to save water. Before moving further, let us know his types first.
Water conservation methods
A variety of methods can be used to keep water inside and out. Here they are:
• By protecting the water against pollution, we can contribute to the conservation of water.
• Water conservation can be done using water for redistribution.
• Consider the rational use of groundwater.
• By renewing traditional water resources, especially in the country like India, its method can help water conservation.
• The use of recent or modern irrigation methods in the agricultural sector can also help save water.
• By making changes in the culture model as if the crops are grown by farmers under agro-climatic conditions, there will be no need for excess water.
• With the use of geothermal water.
• Saving water in industries
• With the help of management of the floods, water can also be saved.
• Water can also be saved by guiding municipal agencies.
• Last but not least, water can also be conserved through the collection of rainwater. For example: digging lakes, canals, ponds to collect water, and then installing filtration systems to use it can be a great help. This water can easily be used for gardening, lawn irrigation or for toilets. You can also use stored water through rainwater harvesting for small-scale farming. Is not it great?
Modern methods of water conservation
Water conservation at home
• Turn off the faucet while brushing your teeth. This can conserve a lot of water. In addition, educate your children to do the same. By following this practice, you can at least keep more than 150 gallons of water each month.
• Try to buy energy-efficient appliances for your daily needs such as bathtubs, sink systems, dishwashers, etc.
• Continue to check for leaks. A small leak in the sinks or toilets could result in the use of extra water. Plus, this will add to your water bill too. So, next time, be careful for such small leaks as this can help conserve water.
• While washing clothes and kitchen appliances, make sure you do not waste water by half charging your washing machine or dishwasher. Keep them full before washing.
• You will be surprised to know that just by taking short showers, you can help conserve gallons of water. Next time, promise to take a shower for a short time.
• Remember to use brooms or rags to clean rather than using water.