Along with the relief of getting done with the board exams arises the inevitable confusion of how to choose the best stream after 10th. It is further accompanied by popular queries like which stream is best for the future, and more.
Considering which stream you select is the stepping stone to your career; it is important to go through the list of streams after 10th, factors to consider, and the scope of the subjects. To help you choose the best stream after 10th, we have curated the A-Z guide.
To answer the raging question of "How to choose stream after 10th", a number of factors need to be considered. The first thing that you should do is identify your strengths. Not only does that aid you in selecting the stream but also gives you a lump-sum idea of what your long-term goals can look like. Let's dive deep to give you a more clear peek.
1. Identify Your Interests - Attributing to the fact that a career plays a large and integral part in our lives, the best approach would be to do something that you are passionate about. Since the stream, you select after 10th significantly shapes your career trajectory, make sure to go forward by finding the subjects that you feel excited to study.
Also, ensure that it falls in line with your strengths. For example, if you enjoy studying Commerce the most, followed by Arts. But if you score the highest in Arts, it can be better to go with Arts.
2. Develop a Good Understanding of the Pros and Cons of the Stream - By now, you've likely narrowed it down to one or two streams. The next step is to get a better insight into the stream by researching and jotting down the merits and demerits of the streams that you are confused between.
You can consider consulting with your parents and teachers to get a better outlook on which group is best after 10th for you. However, don't let the pressure make your decision biased.
3. Delve Deeper into the Career Options - Solidify your decision by gauging the scope of the selected stream so that your choice aligns with the right career path. You can even prepare a list of the various career prospects available after studying from your chosen stream.
In case you face doubts, you can reach out to career counselors to get an expert opinion.
4. Budget Analysis - Budget constraints sometimes hinder the dreams of students. It's a financially-sound approach to conducting a budget analysis with your parents. It aids to be better prepared for all situations.
In case of budget issues, one can go for a similar course with a lesser fee.
Now that we have covered how to choose stream after 10th, it's integral to walk you through the various groups that you can opt for. Depending on your inclination, strengths, and the tips highlighted in the latter part of the article; you can make a well-informed choice. Here's a sum-up of the list of streams after 10th class.
To get you out of the puddle of 'Which group is best after 10th', let us first introduce you to the most popular stream, the Science stream. The main subjects included in the Science group comprise Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Computer (it may vary depending on the school).
Posing in the forefront of the list of streams after 10th standard, it opens the doors to a plethora of career prospects. The group is inclusive of both practical and theoretical portions.
The Science group can be further differentiated into PCM, PCB, or PCMB. So you can choose whether you want to move forward with Mathematics, Biology, or even both.
Full Stack Developer
The Commerce group focuses on subjects related to business, finance, economics, and trade. It is the second most popular choice among students after Science. The primary subjects included in the group are Economics, Accounts, Business Studies, Computers, and English.
The Commerce group is ideal for class X students who have a knack for banking, marketing, or accounting-associated roles. As a stream, it hugely impacts financial literacy thereby fostering a better understanding of the business world.
There're a few competitive exams in the commerce-associated fields that you can pursue after class 10th such as C.A Foundation Course, C.S Foundation Course, and ICWA Foundation Course.
Risk Management Analyst
Wondering what are the streams after 10th for the ones blessed with creative juices? The Arts Stream is the perfect option. You can choose to indulge in a number of subjects such as Geography, History, Language, Psychology, Sociology, Literature, and Political Science.
If you find yourself asking the question 'Which stream is best after 10th for IAS?', it is Humanities as its core subjects form a part of the UPSC exam syllabus.
Public Relations Manager
Foreign Language Expert
After from the three major streams, students can also go for professional courses like -
Polytechnic Diploma Courses
The duration of these courses can be in the range of 3 months to 1 year.
All the groups have their own merits and demerits. The scope of the major streams are endless. Ponder upon your skills, interests, and strengths.To find the perfect stream for yourself, the best thing to do is reflecting upon what you actually want to do in the long run. It can also nudge your career path in the right direction.
1. Which stream is best for future?
It is largely dependent on your interests. Choose the stream in which you think you can give your best. All the streams have their scope and career prospects, so choose the one in which you are likely to excel.
2. Which is the easiest stream to choose after 10th?
The Arts stream is often counted among the easier streams. There're various career options in the field as well. Do know that interest in the subject plays a great role in making it easy or tough.