Analysis of ICSE Class 6 History from 2022-2022 Examination point of view
The ICSE syllabus for Class 6 History has been carefully crafted to build an understanding of our past in the students and to develop critical thinking skills among them. It has been created under the careful supervision of experts on the subject. It meets the learning needs of students and also helps the teachers to communicate with their students.
Do you need help with your Homework? Are you preparing for Exams?
Study without Internet (Offline)
Section of Chapters
Students can find the main topics to be covered in the History syllabus below.
Theme 1: The River Valley Civilizations
1) ‘Civilization’- meaning
2) Reasons for settlement near rivers
3) Major Civilizations:
4) Main Characteristics:
Theme 2: The Vedic Civilization
1) Aryans in the Sapta Sindhu & Gangetic valley
2) ‘Vedas’ and ‘Vedic’ – meaning
3) The four Vedas, Upanishads, Puranas
4) Epics Ramayana & Mahabharata
5) Brahmavarta (Early Vedic age)
6) Aryavarta (Later Vedic age)
7) Gurukul System Economic life
Theme 3: Mahavira & Buddha – Great Preachers
1) Vardhamana Mahavira
Teachings (Ahimsa, Caste system, Karma, Rebirth, Search for truth)
4) Ashoka’s Dhamma & Edicts (relevance of dhamma in our day to day lives)
Theme 5: The Golden Age – Gupta Empire
1) Sources: The history of the Gupta Empire
2) Rulers of the Gupta Empire:
3) The Golden Age:
Download the latest Class 6 ICSE History syllabus from Vedantu right away and make your study material complete. Get the best support by defining the chapters according to your exam syllabus to clarify all your doubts.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. How to score well in ICSE Class 6 History 2021-2022 Examination?
A disciplined routine along with being attentive to the things being taught in class is of foremost importance. Notes should be made in a neat and clean manner. The dates of important events along with the characters associated with those events must be remembered by heart. A good revision schedule along with a daily revision of class work would ensure that you score well in your examinations.
2. How to access online resources for ICSE Syllabus for Class 6 History 2021-2022 Examination?
Digital education has become a necessity in today’s world. The world has moved online and students must also devise a new strategy that gives them a competitive advantage. You can find everything you need on the Vedantu app or website. These resources are made by professionals in the field. Students can find revision notes, important questions, question papers, and a whole lot more! These study materials are completely free and there is no cost involved.
3. I am facing some problems in class and cannot understand the subject. What should I do?
Every student has a learning curve of his own, don’t feel disheartened if you are facing some troubles in your class. Every one of us has faced such a situation sometimes in life. Feel free to ask your teacher questions if you have doubts about any topic. Discuss with your friends these questions and try to find out the answer and the method.
4. Should I focus more on online resources while preparing for the examinations?
From the examination point of view, it is important that students learn to adapt with time. The age of today belongs to digital technology and nothing is going to change that. Classes and teachers have moved online and it is improbable that we will completely go back to our previous system. Also, with new variants evolving, it is still not very sure when the schools will open for offline classes. Vedantu will provide you with all online resources to make sure your education remains your top priority.