Latest News

CBSE Class 12 Result 2021: SC Approves The Formula; Here’s What Students Can Do If Unhappy!

17 June, 2021

CBSE Class 12 Result 2021

By Asmita Kundu

According to an affidavit filed before the Supreme Court today, the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) would declare Class 12th final results based on a student's three-year performance. Class 12 scores will be given a maximum weightage of 40% among classes 10, 11, and 12. The marks earned in Class 12 will be calculated based on the tests taken. This could include things like pre-boards, internals, and unit tests, among other things. Schools can choose to use one or more papers as a selection criterion. In each school, a five-member committee will be created to address results-related concerns.


CBSE Class 12 Result 2021: SC Approves The Formula; Here’s What Students Can Do If Unhappy!


Also Read: CBSE And Microsoft Join Hands; Introduces Coding And Data Science For Class 6 To Class 12 


The board's assessment criteria have finally received approval from the Supreme Court. In today's session, the result criterion for the other central educational body, CISCE, will be determined. On behalf of CBSE, Attorney General KK Venugopal requested that students be evaluated based on the average of their Class 12 pre-board score, Class 10 and 11 final scores. This will be for the theory segment, and schools will submit the scores for the practical exams.


According to the Attorney General, for classes X and XI, the best three out of five papers in term examinations would be considered. The attorney general told the Supreme Court that the marks earned in the unit, term, and practical exams will be considered for Class XII. The Result Committee will be present for each of the schools to rule out any potential advantages to students at schools that have a history of awarding better grades. The CBSE has stated that the results for Class 12th students will be announced by July 31, 2021.


Procedure of Class 12th Result Assessment

The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) briefed the Supreme Court about the scoring plan that schools will use to assess Class 12 students. CBSE 12th results will be reviewed and announced based on students' previous academic performances in classes 10th, 11th, and pre-boards.


Most notably, when it comes to evaluation criteria, the total marks for Class 12th results will be calculated using a formula of 30: 30: 40 (X, XI, and XII pre-boards).


It means that Class 12th pre-boards will obtain around 40% of the weightage. With the remaining 60% marks — 30% based on Class 11 final exams and 10th examinations, respectively.


Furthermore, CBSE informed the panel of Justices AM Khanwilkar and Dinesh Maheshwari that the practicals would be worth 100 points and that the students will be evaluated based on the marks submitted by the schools.


The Supreme Court also gave CBSE and the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations (CISCE) two weeks to develop an objective criterion for grading students in case they needed results for college or competitive exams.


Below is the formula of marks calculation CBSE Class 12th students given for better understanding.


Formula of CBSE Class 12 Result 2021 Calculation: 40% of Class Pre-board exam result + 30% of Class 11th final exam result + 30% Class 10th final exam result.


What if You are Not Satisfied With the Result?

During the session in the Supreme court, Attorney General of India KK Venugopal on Thursday told, “students who are not satisfied with the assessment done based on the policy will be given an opportunity to appear in examinations to be conducted by the Board when conditions are conducive for holding the examinations.”


General Venugopal also stated to the court, “If a student is unable to meet the qualifying criteria now spread across three years of study, they will be placed in the “important repeat” or “compartment” category.