IIT JEE 2023
IIT JEE 2023 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency and is expected to conduct the JEE Main 2023 exam in two sessions. The exam conducting body will release the application form of JEE Main 2023 at the official website (jeemain.nta.nic.in) tentatively in November 2022. Candidates can check the JEE Main eligibility for the year 2023 here. Read the entire article to know all the details about JEE Main 2023 exam dates and important updates. IIT JEE 2023 is likely to be held in two sessions. Given below are the tentative dates for JEE Main 2023 session 1 and JEE Main 2023 session 2.
JEE Main 2023 Previous Year Question Papers and Important Study Materials
Vedantu provides previous year question papers and important study materials for JEE Main 2023 exam, Aspirants can download and prepare for upcoming sessions.
JEE Main 2023 Exam Dates
The official dates for JEE Main 2023 are released. Here we provided the Important dates for JEE Main 2023 to help you prepare for the exam accordingly. You can check the table below to know the JEE Main 2023 exam dates.
JEE Main 2023 Exam Dates: January Session
JEE Main 2023 Exam Dates: April Session
IIT JEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
JEE Main 2023 Age Requirement:
Candidates who are born on or after October 1, 1998, are eligible to attempt JEE Main 2023.
SC/ST/PWD candidates have 5-year age relaxation.
The DOB on the candidate's higher secondary education certificate will be considered.
JEE Main 2023 Academic Qualification:
Applicants should pass 10+2 or an equivalent exam from a government-recognized board in the year 2022/2023.
Candidates who attempted the 12th class exam in 2020 but have not passed the exam are not eligible to take the exam again.
Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics are mandatory subjects in Class 12th.
NTA has removed the minimum criteria of 75% eligibility for JEE Main.
Changes in JEE Main 2023 Exam Pattern
Instead of Paper I and I, there will be a different paper for B.E/B.Tech, B.Arch, and B.Planning.
The exam will include 90 questions from the B.E/B.Tech paper, 82 questions from the B.Arch paper, and 105 questions from the B.Planning paper.
There will be two types of questions on the exam, MCQs and numerical value questions.
JEE 2023 Syllabus for JEE Main
Candidates must study the mentioned topics below for JEE 2023 Syllabus for JEE Main.
1. Physics: Kinetic theory of gases, Electromagnetic waves, Rotational motion, Properties of solids and liquids, Gravitation, Kinetic theory of gases, Oscillations and Waves, Electrostatics, Dual nature of matter and radiation, Current electricity, Magnetic effects of current and magnetism, Electrostatics, Work, power and energy, etc.
2. Chemistry: General principles and processes of isolation of metals, Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Hydrocarbons, Organic compounds, Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Polymers, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, D-block elements and f-block elements, General principles, and processes of isolation of metals, Surface chemistry, Equilibrium, Chemical bonding, Redox reactions, and electrochemistry, etc.
3. Mathematics: Sets, Relations, and Functions, Permutations and combinations, Matrices and determinants, Mathematical induction, Mathematical reasoning, Integral calculus, Continuity and differentiability, Sequences and series, Coordinate geometry, Three-dimensional geometry, Trigonometry, Vector algebra, etc.
JEE Main 2023 Preparation Tips
These Preparation Tips for JEE Main 2023 will help the candidates to get a good score in the examination.
Candidates should try to understand the concepts rather than memorising them.
While studying, take short notes on important topics, confusions, and shortcuts and keep them for daily revision.
To analyse your mistakes, take mock tests and solve previous year's questions.
Do study every day to get a good score in JEE Main 2023 because consistency is the key
JEE Advanced 2023 Overview
JEE Advanced 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates have to check the eligibility criteria for JEE Advanced 2023 before applying for JEE Advanced 2023:
Nationality: All Indian nationals will be eligible to apply for JEE Adv 2023. Foreign candidates are eligible under 10% of the SNQ.
Age Limit: The aspirants from the General & OBC categories should be born on or after October 1, 1998. Five years age relaxation is provided for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
Academic Qualification: Candidates should pass the Class XII examination for the first time in the year 2022/2023.
Subject: Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) should be mandatory subjects in Class 12th.
Number of Attempts: A candidate can attempt two times in two consecutive years.
JEE Main Performance: The candidates rank among the top 2.5 lakh JEE Main rankings to attempt JEE Advanced 2023.
JEE Advanced 2023 Syllabus
The main topics included in the JEE Advanced syllabus 2023 exam are given subject-wise below:
Physics: Units and dimensions, Kinematics, General Physics, Mechanics, Electricity and magnetism, Optics, Thermal Physics, Modern physics, etc.
Chemistry: General topics, Gaseous and liquid states, Atomic structure and chemical bonding, Energetics, Chemical equilibrium, Transition Elements, Surface Chemistry, Extractive Metallurgy, Electrochemistry, Nuclear Chemistry, Chemical kinetics, Solid-state, Preparation, Properties, and Reactions of Alkane, Alkenes, Alkynes etc.
Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Matrices, Analytical geometry, Differential calculus, Integral calculus, Vectors, Probability, etc.
JEE 2023 is a prestigious engineering entrance examination held at the national level in India. Aspirants take this exam to get admission to top engineering institutes of India. Those who pass the exam are admitted to some of the best technical and engineering institutions in the country, including IITs, NITs, CFITs, and other prestigious engineering institutions.
FAQs on IIT JEE 2023: Exam Date, Syllabus and Eligibility Criteria
1. When will the JEE Advanced 2023 exam be conducted?
The exam conducting body has not released the official dates yet. As soon as the official notification is out, the relevant details will be updated on this page.
2. Is it mandatory to attempt Paper-1 and Paper-2 of JEE Advanced 2023?
Yes, it is compulsory for the aspirants to attempt both papers of JEE Advanced 2023.
3. When will the applicants get JEE Advanced 2023 admit cards?
JEE Advanced 2023 admit cards will be released in the first week of June. Candidates visit official website jeeadv.ac.in frequently to get the latest updates.
4. Any changes in the JEE Main and Advanced 2023 syllabus?
Yes, there are some changes in the JEE Advanced syllabus for 2023. But, the JEE Main syllabus for 2023 will be the same as previous years. Aspirants can check JEE Syllabus 2023 PDF at Vedantu.
5. What are the changes in exam pattern of JEE 2023?
JEE Exam pattern for 2023 will be the same. Each subject will have 20 MCQs and 10 NVQs.