The NTSE exam is conducted in two different levels. In the first level, you have to appear for an MCQ test which is called the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). You have to appear for a logical reasoning test also in the first level which is called Mental Ability Test (MAT). In the second level, your potential in mental abilities, languages, scholastic aptitudes and social sciences are tested by the competent authority. There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for every three incorrect answers. What is the reward? If you qualify in the second level you will be eligible for NTSE scholarship. The scholarship is irrespective of parental income, government school, domicile etc and is valid until you study in India.
There are several reasons for you to prepare for NTSE. Vedantu tries to show you why:
1. The exam aims at cultivating your inner talent and boosting up your confidence level which will be very helpful for you the various competitive exams that you will be appearing in the future.
2. Almost fifty lakhs students appear for the scholarship programme from which only 1000 scholarships are awarded. Hence, you will face stiff competition which will be useful for you in future.
3. If you pass the second level test you will be awarded a scholarship. That means you will be one of the 1000 aspirants among 50 lakhs. This will accelerate your confidence level to the next level. You will gain immense faith in your capability.
4. How will it help to identify your weakness? If you are strong in languages but average in mathematics and science then it is your chance to turn it upside down and go for an allover good score.
5. The exam is conducted by NCERT. Hence, the authenticity of the exam is beyond doubt.
6. It is not an easy task to be among the 1000 students. If you are not able to make it don’t be disappointed. It will help you a lot in future.
It is not the scholarship (the final reward) that makes a national-level exam such as NTSE sought-after among students. It is the multiple opportunities you get from it to explore your strengths and weaknesses. Now the question is- can you prepare simultaneously for the NCERT Class 12 board exam as well as NTSE? You can, definitely, because both the exams follow the NCERT guidelines. If you study the NCERT books properly you will be able to do it in a smooth manner. Download the important study materials and NCERT Solutions for NTSE exam preparation on the Vedantu site.
Share your contact information
Vedantu academic counsellor will be calling you shortly for your Online Counselling session.