Scientists are not only those people who lock themselves in their labs working on something until they are successful. They are the brilliant minds of their eras that have given us something we are proud of. They not only had an exceptional foundation in scientific subjects but also had a remarkable grip on understanding the true aspects of life. It is reflected in their success quotes.
Their quotes are powerful enough to give a new perspective on life to you. You will find them encouraging, inspirational, and motivational all the time. The best part is that all these success quotes are extremely relatable to the modern world and will always be the same.
Here is a list of importance quotes about life and motivation you will find true and fascinating at the same time. Find out something new and relate them to your life.
1. Everything is Theoretically Impossible Until It’s Done – Robert A. Heinlein
Consider a moment to think deeply about this quote. An idea will always remain an idea when it is not worked upon. Similarly, when you think of something remarkable but do not act upon it, it will always remain in the books, not on the achievement list. People will also feel the same. They will think it is impossible to climb Everest until someone did it.
2. The reward of the young scientist is the emotional thrill of being the first person in the history of the world to see something or to understand something. Nothing can compare with that experience. The reward of the old scientist is the sense of having seen a vague sketch grow into a masterly landscape. – Cecilia Payne-Gaposchkin
A young scientist sees or realises something for the first time. It thrills him that he/she was the one to see that thing first. This sensation of being the first one to discover or invent an idea is an accomplishment that cannot be compared.
Similarly, an old scientist sees something vague and works on it with dedication and perseverance. It eventually turns out to be something remarkable and big. This quote tells us two different types of achievements that reward a mind of a person in two different ways.
Famous Inspirational Quotes From Scientists
3. What You Learn From a Life in Science is The Vastness of Our Ignorance – David Eagleman
This is one of the most famous ignorance quotes scientists have gifted us. It tells us how learning and knowing everything is impossible. People often pretend to know everything and commit huge mistakes in their lives. You should be open to knowledge and accept this universal truth.
4. I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me. – Isaac Newton
This is one of the unique quotes on life gifted by Sir Isaac Newton. Even though he is one of the most achieved scientists in different domains, he still thinks that he missed so many things while looking for some shiny theories and hypotheses. The undiscovered ocean of science is still left uncharted and he regrets it. It tells us to be modest and to have a keen eye for observation to recognise things. He also explains to stay hopeful as our inquisitive minds will surely find something someday.
5. Two Things are Infinite: The Universe and Human Stupidity; and I'm Not Sure About The Universe. - Albert Einstein
This is one of the famous short motivational quotes that explain how limitless people’s stupidity can be. Einstein explained that we are limited by our imaginations. We don’t know to ask the right questions and find the right answers.
6. Our Virtues and Our Failures are Inseparable, Life Force and Matter. When They Separate, Man is no More. – Nicola Tesla
This is one of the world best motivational quotes that describe how failures are important for success. In fact, Tesla considered failures as the prime steps to success. There will be failures and we need to learn from them. So, there is no point in regretting or stepping back. Learn and proceed ahead.
7. The Good Thing About Science is that It’s True Whether or Not You Believe in it. – Neil deGrasse Tyson.
This is an excellent remark of the famous astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson. He explains how science is factual and it does not depend on whether a person thinks it’s real. This is one of the quotes by famous scientists that explain the reality of science behind natural phenomena. It is not fictional.
8. Above All, Don’t Fear Difficult Moments. The Best Comes From Them. – Rita Levi Montalcini
She is a Nobel Laureate and a noted neurologist. She describes how difficult times draw the best out of a person. She believed that difficult times shape you in the best way and prepare you for the upcoming challenges. This is one of the best motivational thoughts for students.
9. If You Want to Have Good Ideas, You Must Have Many Ideas. – Linus Pauling
If you follow what this American chemist who published more than 1200 scientific papers said, you will understand how multiple ideas are mandatory to have an original one.
These motivational quotes by famous personalities from the field of science are all based on real-life experiences. It is their realisations that reflect in their famous quotes. These quotes do not let us doubt our ventures. They tell us to rely on and learn from the outcomes. Drawing inspiration from such quotes really helps us get going through hard times.